Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

The original poster I feel is correct, we'll see a better version of Love compared to his first set of games but not as good as his hot streak.

Generally, when you look at the numbers QBs that end on a hot streak tend to regress to what their numbers were over the entire season. 

Which if we get a guy who's throwing TDS on 5.5% of his passes with a 64% comp and 96+ rating, we're doing ok. I'd like to see the int rate go down a bit though.

27 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Kickoff is one day away baby!

01dfad74c364afd31a54d76f586af131c36611a3

(Sorry... I tried, but at this point I'm not sure if any pics of Lambeau wearing #1 exist)

I thought that one was going to be difficult to find. I don't think they wore numbers back then, but Lambeau is attributed with wearing #1 and so they retired the number. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

GFY! Taket this **** out of our forum! 

I was just trying to help OG.😎 We have a Zero Jersey too if needed tomorrow,  let me know? 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I was just trying to help OG.😎 We have a Zero Jersey too if needed tomorrow,  let me know? 🍺

Save the zero jersey, that is how many points your team is going to score tomorrow night. 

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm of the belief that Jones played a large part in making Love so good down the stretch and that Jacobs is no Jones.

The original poster I feel is correct, we'll see a better version of Love compared to his first set of games but not as good as his hot streak. The Niners game is still in my head where he just couldn't move the ball in the 4th Quarter and threw a bad pick. He regressed to that version of himself which was on show in the first set of games where we were lucky to get a 1st down in the first quarter of a game what to speak of score any points in a half. 

BTW I'm happy to be proven wrong on this one.

Jones made love able to throw in rythym and on the money. Copy that. Makes total sense.

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Save the zero jersey, that is how many points your team is going to score tomorrow night. 

I figured that would be the response. Ok...., no Bryce Huff Pic tomorrow,  just the real thing. 

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

he original poster I feel is correct, we'll see a better version of Love compared to his first set of games but not as good as his hot streak.

I mean yeah... unless Love is literally the best QB in the NFL he is going to regress a bit from his 2nd half. If he keeps his exact same 2nd half play he will win MVP. You could argue his turn around started at the Chargers game. Aaron Jones had 4 snaps that game.. Jones didn't play against the Lions probably the #2 or #3 most impressive outing of the year, didn't play against the Chiefs another one of his best outings. Arguably 2 of his 3 most impressive wins came with Aaron jones not even playing... This Jones theory just doesn't hold any water. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

What's the word on Edgerrin Cooper? Will we see much of him on the field tomorrow? 

Really hoping Marshawn Lloyd gets some totes, he's lightning in a bottle.

Jordan Morgan rotation at RG?

Gotta beat out the duff man first. Im sure we'll find a way to use that athleticism though. 

As much as I think we'll see some Cooper, I dont think we'll see Lloyd. Hes got minimal practice reps and virtually no game reps.. think hes one theyll work back in in a couple weeks. Give Reed a couple looks out of the backfield, let Jacobs do 80% of the work and let Wilson have a drive or 2.

This one I dont think anyone can give a solid answer on. My gut would say theyd want to get away from a rotation there, but MLF hasnt shut it down. I think its pretty evident they want to get Morgan on the field some how.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

What's the word on Edgerrin Cooper? Will we see much of him on the field tomorrow? 

Really hoping Marshawn Lloyd gets some totes, he's lightning in a bottle.

Jordan Morgan rotation at RG?

He got derailed a bit with injury in camp after he was making plays early on in practices. I think he would have had a hard time displacing a vet right away just because of how much needs to get processed at that position. No doubt he will get his shot this year band I’m really interested to see what he can do. He won’t be a pure thumper but his speed and versatility might show he can make impactful plays all over the field. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm of the belief that Jones played a large part in making Love so good down the stretch and that Jacobs is no Jones.

After week 1, Jones wasn't much of a factor last season until week 15.  Jones getting going certainly made things easier for Love, but any QB is going to benefit when the running game is working.  Suggesting that the current RB's can't/won't be as effective as the Jones/Dillon combo seems like being negative for the sake of being negative.

I think it's generally agreed that Love turned the corner in week 10 vs LAC, and played well for the rest of the season.  I would argue that Love's season truly turned around in weeks 11 @DET and 12 vs KC.  I view those two games plus the DAL playoff games as the top 3 games Love played last season, and Jones was inactive for the first two.

• Like 1