Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

Guess it would fit the hopefull parallels;

Was a rookie kicker, but it was the second game of the season. So, there is that difference. 

A little surprised that no one has connected the dots with the last time the Packers opened the season on the road against the Eagles and how that season ended. Think September 12th, 2010.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm of the belief that Jones played a large part in making Love so good down the stretch and that Jacobs is no Jones.

Agree on Jones helping Love down the stretch.  He did a lot in those last few games.  Jacobs is unproven in the passing game.   I'll be curious to see what he can do.  He's certainly going to get opportunities to succeed in this offense.  

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree on Jones helping Love down the stretch.  He did a lot in those last few games.  Jacobs is unproven in the passing game.   I'll be curious to see what he can do.  He's certainly going to get opportunities to succeed in this offense.  

Jacobs has had at least 50 targets in each of the last 3 years. I guess I wouldn't describe that as "unproven".

• Like 4

The only thing Jacobs hasn't relatively equaled stat-wise when it comes to receiving passes is he's got a big ol' goose egg in TDs. Aside from that he gains a similar amount of targets and yards to Jones. My theory is while he's probably not a true game breaker in the air, he is a useful safety valve regardless.

As for payload, it'll be Jacobs-80/Wilson-20 for now. Lloyd comes back and he'll get the 20, possibly upgrade it to a 30 or 40 depending on how effective he is throughout the season.

45 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

The only thing Jacobs hasn't relatively equaled stat-wise when it comes to receiving passes is he's got a big ol' goose egg in TDs. Aside from that he gains a similar amount of targets and yards to Jones. My theory is while he's probably not a true game breaker in the air, he is a useful safety valve regardless.

It's a different situation for Jacobs.  As you pointed out, Jacobs has 0 receiving TDs, Jones had 18 career receiving TDs.    Jones was pretty dynamic in the passing game, hoping Jacobs can be too.

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It's a different situation for Jacobs.  As you pointed out, Jacobs has 0 receiving TDs, Jones had 18 career receiving TDs.    Jones was pretty dynamic in the passing game, hoping Jacobs can be too.

Jacobs has a shot now with a dynamic offensive scheme and play makers across the board. Dont think he had that in OAK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Jacobs has a shot now with a dynamic offensive scheme and play makers across the board. Dont think he had that in OAK.

Yea he did it in college, he can probably still do it. Just needs opportunity 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Yea he did it in college, he can probably still do it. Just needs opportunity 

Okay. Could be. I've no clue what he did in college. All I can say is the Oakland/Las Vegas offense wasnt as dynamic as GB's can be.

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

For those reasons you mention, I feel like the takeaway(s) from this game won't be useful in even a few weeks.

This is the thing for me as well.  PHI and GB have both seen significant changes over the off season, and will probably need a few weeks to get things in sync.  Both teams replaced their DC, so there's no telling how smooth that side will look for either team.

• Like 1