Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

Just now, Scoremore said:

Local guys are saying it's a knee.  Looked at the replay several times can't tell what he hurt from watching it.  You know how the Packers are about injuries.  We won't find out until they have to put him on the injury report.  Could be an MCL sprain.  We'll see.  They didn't cart him off and I'll hang my hat on that. 

It's going to be a dreary September at the least.

Just now, Refugee said:

Nixon was trying to work a miracle at a time when we needed a miracle but he needs a very real *** chewing for throwaway yards and critical seconds. Not a high chance to win but severely diminished our chances there.

Yah that was dumb.  Trying to play hero instead of playing smart.  Take the ball on the 30 and don't waste precious seconds.  

3 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Colts, Titans, and Vikings.  Pretty soft scedule.  For all we know he might be fine.  If it's an MCL sprain they may brace his knee for a few weeks.  What sucks is how the Packers always keep us in the dark with respect to injuries.  

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Colts, Titans, and Vikings.  Pretty soft scedule.  For all we know he might be fine.  If it's an MCL sprain they may brace his knee for a few weeks.  What sucks is how the Packers always keep us in the dark with respect to injuries.  

A month is as optimistic as I'll allow myself to be. Hurts less if I turn out to be doubly wrong.

18 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I'll say 3-4 weeks, we'll have to sneak back into the playoffs on an 10-7 record. And that's the most optimistic thing I can predict at this point.

As always, I would say let's be careful not to draw too many conclusions about week 1.

I knew going into this, foreign soil and all it had the potential to be a wonky one.  It was, and yeah I do wish LaFleur could get his prep work figured out for these, but hey ... only so much you can control in the situation.

No question the biggest disappointment was just not seeing the championship defense that we had hoped to see.  But in this league in this day even good defenses can have off days.

Also we just didn't cash in our red zone trips like we should have and had our own Baltimore Ravens type moments in this one.  Just can't leave those points off the board and expect to win.

And, unlike some, I'm not quite ready to throw Narveson under the bus, though something about 43 yard FGs is bad luck here.  He's likely not our Crosby but he still might end up being better than Carlson.  I am however starting to get real annoyed with Bisaccia that he can't get any fundamentals instilled in the special teams.

We have done worse in week 1 than this, and all it takes is just one solid week 2 win to go boom!  Right back to the big expectations we had coming in.  Now if we don't, well yeah we might be headed to another 3-6 hole that has to be dug out of.  But for now, I'm still feeling reasonably optimistic about a 12-5 type season.

12 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah that was dumb.  Trying to play hero instead of playing smart.  Take the ball on the 30 and don't waste precious seconds.  

So was JA taking the pick out... Like I said as long as Love is going to be okay this isn't the worst thing to happen. Maybe we needed the kick to the **** after the run last season and all the national hype. 

8 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

So was JA taking the pick out... Like I said as long as Love is going to be okay this isn't the worst thing to happen. Maybe we needed the kick to the **** after the run last season and all the national hype. 

That one at least had some risk/reward balance. Take the 20 or set up some blocking and get a chunk more. I think he got it past the 15 so the net loss was acceptable. The pick of course was huge.

Edited by Refugee

I am a little bit done with the lack of discipline in knowing when it’s appropriate to take the ball out of the end zone or take a touchback. It’s not for lack of the players knowing, so I sure hope Ja and Nixon get an earful every day for the next week as to why those decisions were so dumb.

I’m all for taking chances here and there but come on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

That one at least had some risk/reward balance. Take the 20 or set up some blocking and get a chunk more. I think he got it past the 15 so the net loss was acceptable. The pick of course was huge.

No the pick was 100% awesome and I'm not trying to blame one person, one thing, or one situation. I love the intensity and drive these guys are showing, and I also acknowledge it's week 1 with no real pre season. I think this team can learn a lot from tonight positive and negative... All is moot though if Love is done... 😔

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

The "good" thing is if this team can field a competent running game they could go .500 through September without Love thanks to their schedule.

...October on, not so much.

9 minutes ago, Striker said:

The "good" thing is if this team can field a competent running game they could go .500 through September without Love thanks to their schedule.

...October on, not so much.

Run Game AND a Strong D. Jury's out on that second one.