Week One 9/8/24 game thread: vs Tennessee

beardown3231

Titans have a LOT of new starters this year against last year.    

A quick look at Ourlads.  They have 2 new corners.  A new LT,C and RT.  A new NT.   A new DE.  A new ILB.  A new RB.  A new FS.  Two new WRs.  

I guess they didn't like their roster and want to win some games this year.  Let's hope that starts later in year.  

We are favorites at home.  Lets check the line ... +4.5.  That is meaningless though as Bears fans bet heavy.  I would still have us at +3 or +3.5 if I was making an objective line.  

They brought in Pollard to be their starting RB, but I think the back up Spears is better.  Maybe a lot better IMO.  Both are injury prone.  

They drafted a big *** dude in middle of defense.  He is too big to move, but I think he will gas quickly.  He may be scary in first half though.

My guess is Callahan wants to run ball off left side with Latham and Skoronski against Walker and Booker subbing in.  He sees a potential mismatch there in run game.  

Callahan is going to be a lot of ball control and look for some big plays over the top on occassion.

I think Flus will do same thing as he protects his rookie QB.  I think it is a mistake, but I think Flus will try to run ball and have a conservative passing plan to compliment it.  Announcers will fall over themselves complimenting the plan.  I will hate it. 

Caleb will still run around and the play will end up whatever at times though.

Middle of our Oline has its hands full with Simmons. That is a mismatch not in our favor.  

First half may be a defensive struggle as both coaches come out as sallies and look to rely on defense.  We will see though.

I think if we play not to lose and go ultra conservative on defense and offense we will lose or it will be a very close win. 

If we are aggressive in game plan both defensively and offensively we will win convincingly.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 2

On paper the Titans look pretty decent...no easy games in the NFL with millionaires on their team too...

That said they have a lot of new combinations as well as a new coaching staff...hopefully with out improvements and stability especially on the defensive side of the ball we can get out to a lead and keep moving towards a win...

24-13 Bears

Titans are sneaky scary with all the new additions, good trenches !

Levis will have to really REALLY shine in order for TEN to win, and I just don't see that happening vs this D. Our DLine is very good vs the run and our secondary will mess with him all game ...likely get a couple of picks 

23-10

There’s been a lot of talk here so far about some matchups that appear to favor TEN. They’re there. But, that coin has two sides. We think TEN is gonna be run first on Sunday… and we had the #1 rush defense in the NFL last year. TEN has an apparent advantage at DT vs. our IOL… but a lot of Waldron’s run game is on the perimeter, and we seem to want to move the pocket for Williams a lot anyway. If this game comes down to Williams and our WRs against their secondary (pretty meh outside of Sneed) vs. Levis and his vs. our secondary (the strength of our defense) that favors us, and I think favors us strongly. I think we have an advantage with Taylor in a field position game too, and we have the better kicker.

I don’t see a blowout, but I think we’ll get a fun game that finds us coming out on top. Thinking something like 24-20. 

18 hours ago, dll2000 said:

They brought in Pollard to be their starting RB, but I think the back up Spears is better.  Maybe a lot better IMO.  Both are injury prone.  

Just wanted to give a little more insight on this point. While Spears in fact has no ACL in one(maybe both) knee. He didn't miss a game last year and never really came up on the injury report at all. 
Like you, I like Spears more than Pollard. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just wanted to give a little more insight on this point. While Spears in fact has no ACL in one(maybe both) knee. He didn't miss a game last year and never really came up on the injury report at all. 
Like you, I like Spears more than Pollard. 

You can do it for awhile when you are young.  But surgeries and wear and tear catch up with you.  

I don't think Spears gets a 2nd contract or if he does the team regrets it.

He is a heck of a talent though.   I loved his college tape.  I was banging table for him before I knew about his injury history. 

I would have still drafted him as you can get 2-5 good years out of him probably and on a rookie contract who cares.  Few RBs get 2nd contracts anymore anyway.

Not trying to be callus, it is just the truth.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

wait wut? since when? i don't remember that being discussed last year during the draft at all

Titans RB Tyjae Spears dismisses concerns about ACL issue: 'Nothing wrong with me. I'm healthy' (nfl.com)

Yeah man, it's wild. No ACL in one knee. Doesn't move like there is a problem and has a good burst and cut. I guess they are some of the best athletes in the world for a reason. .lol

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You can do it for awhile when you are young.  But surgeries and wear and tear catch up with you.  

I don't think Spears gets a 2nd contract or if he does the team regrets it.

He is a heck of a talent though.   I loved his college tape.  I was banging table for him before I knew about his injury history. 

I would have still drafted him as you can get 2-5 good years out of him probably and on a rookie contract who cares.  Few RBs get 2nd contracts anymore anyway.

Not trying to be callus, it is just the truth.

Oh it's no harm or hate. It is the truth.
It was widely discussed in the Titans forum when he was drafted. Most of the forum wanted a WR and we took a RB with no ACL and rumors of arthritis in the knee. lol
But he has become a fan favorite cause dude does nothing but work and never misses. 

I don't see him getting an 2nd contract unless he really balls out. But in theory you can have him for about 4-5 years and never give him an 2nd deal. 

But as of now (knock on wood) he hasn't ever been an injury question. Most of us thought he was going to take the lead role but they gave Pollard a deal. 

• Like 1

This looked like an easier win looking at the schedule last year. Titans have reloaded with a bunch of dudes - it remains to be seen if they can still produce. The Oline was an issue for them last year, but JC Latham, a healthy Skowronski, and Cushenberry makes the left/middle side a strength. New secondary with Sneed, Diggs, Adams - although i think diggs and adams might be done and sneed is in a new scheme. Edgar Jones was a big pickup for them at linebacker and we need to account for him in the blitz game. Jeffrey Simmons is still a monster and Sweat should help free him up more by eating more double teams. Is Landry still the guy that got that contract? Arden key is a decent 3rd rusher. Levis in his 2nd year is expected to step up and a receiving core of Hopkins (who looks like he'll be back but maybe on a snap count) Ridley and Boyd should make things interesting. I like Callahan as a coach and thought he did decent things last year when Burrow went down, plus the run game should be good with his old man there, but i still think the team loses some toughness with Vrabel gone. 

27-19 Bears

• Like 1