2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

jalen legitimately looks fantastic, but every other drive just does the absolute dumbest play he can make. dude reminds me of early goff right now

Yeah, I definitely think he had his good moments this game, but his refusal to throw the ball away and trying to hit reads way too late and putting the ball in danger just has to stop. I wish he could anticipate a little better, but I think I'll probably always feel that way.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

A win is a win, but that felt eerily similar to those 2023 wins we stacked up before collapsing, since it’s not sustainable to win in this league by going down to wire every week. This game should’ve been over when we had the ball on their 11 up 31-26. Punch it in there, and none of this drama ensues. 

It’s week 1 so again, I am happy with the win no matter how it looked, but if we’re saying this again as we stack up wins 4, 5, 6, another “collapse” will be right around the corner.

Hurts has to figure it out. Too much experience to make some of the decisions he continues to make.

to be fair, 2023 felt like systematic problems holding the team back. this game it kinda felt like the players, most notably hurts. Can be a little more optimistic at cleaning up individual player mistakes imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I definitely think he had his good moments this game, but his refusal to throw the ball away and trying to hit reads way too late and putting the ball in danger just has to stop. I wish he could anticipate a little better, but I think I'll probably always feel that way.

which is extra puzzling because he was absolutely money the first half throwing the ball away for the most part.

3 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

jalen legitimately looks fantastic, but every other drive just does the absolute dumbest play he can make. dude reminds me of early goff right now

Fantastic? 

the best thing to say is maybe this is his worst game

but he was surely not fantastic

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Fantastic? 

I've seen worse from Hurts.  He was bad tonight though.  His field vision is otherworldly bad.

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

Fantastic? 

maybe fantastic was a poor choice but he does play well but make 3-5 boneheaded plays, which turn out to be the most backbreaking ones. He's not looking like nathan peterman out there, you can clearly see he can play very well. It's the random lapses of judgement that breaks him