GDT Week 1: Raiders @ Chargers

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

How long do you think it took AP and Telesco to figure that out bud? 

The only value that would have is impossible to actually prove. 

It would matter if AP legit only had gaga eyes for Daniels AND Telesco entertained it to such a degree that they didn't scout any other QBs in the draft in any meaningful way. 

I'm all for questioning whether they truly made the effort to actually go try and get one. We don't know what exact offers were and weren't made. It's entirely possible they only made passive attempts to move up after Daniels was off the table. That's fair. 

But that they legitimately locked in on Daniels to the degree "figuring it out" would insinuate? No way. You'd have to prove that they were that egregiously inept.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The AP glazing on here was crazy and now everyone's walking it back.

But it really wasn't. There was maybe 1 or 2 people who were hardcore Pro-AP. The vast majority said they'd keep him if we weren't getting a slam dunk hire (Harbaugh went elsewhere), but weren't particularly optimistic. Then, dear sweet summer child, there was you, the lone contrarian hell bent on bringing up strange arguments against him before we took a snap under his watch. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

But it really wasn't. There was maybe 1 or 2 people who were hardcore Pro-AP. The vast majority said they'd keep him if we weren't getting a slam dunk hire (Harbaugh went elsewhere), but weren't particularly optimistic. Then, dear sweet summer child, there was you, the lone contrarian hell bent on bringing up strange arguments against him before we took a snap under his watch. 

Goalpost.gif

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The only value that would have is impossible to actually prove. 

It would matter if AP legit only had gaga eyes for Daniels AND Telesco entertained it to such a degree that they didn't scout any other QBs in the draft in any meaningful way. 

I'm all for questioning whether they truly made the effort to actually go try and get one. We don't know what exact offers were and weren't made. It's entirely possible they only made passive attempts to move up after Daniels was off the table. That's fair. 

But that they legitimately locked in on Daniels to the degree "figuring it out" would insinuate? No way. You'd have to prove that they were that egregiously inept.

The reality is they punted the season committing to mediocre QB play.

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

How much of the work / thought process during the weaks and months before the draft do you think leaves the building?

No clue but they clearly weren't prepared when draft day rolled around that's why we have the worst QB room in the league and are wasting the last year we have Davante.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What is everybody talking about? Jim Hardaugh is a great HC but he’s running the same offense we’re going to run. He’s not a great offense of mind. 

Harbaugh runs a championship offense, Getsy has ran one of the worst schemes in the league.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No clue but they clearly weren't prepared when draft day rolled around that's why we have the worst QB room in the league and are wasting the last year we have Davante.

They were prepared, they signed Minshew a quality backup who can start prior to the draft in event the draft fell as it did and they were not able to land one of the top guys. Absolutely nobody expected 6 QBs to go in the first 12 picks. 

We've already discussed the difficulty of trading up and other teams reluctancy to trade back. So what did you want to do at QB that was realistic? I'll wait. 

And let's be real for one second.... if they took Bo Nix, you'd have blasted them. If they were able to trade up for Penix, you'd have blasted them for paying to much. . You're just a contrarian who craves negative attention. 

You stand for nothing playboy. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They were prepared, they signed Minshew a quality backup who can start prior to the draft in event the draft fell as it did and they were not able to land one of the top guys. Absolutely nobody expected 6 QBs to go in the first 12 picks. 

We've already discussed the difficulty of trading up and other teams reluctancy to trade back. So what did you want to do at QB that was realistic? I'll wait. 

And let's be real for one second.... if they took Bo Nix, you'd have blasted them. If they were able to trade up for Penix, you'd have blasted them for paying to much. . You're just a contrarian who craves negative attention. 

You stand for nothing playboy. 

Our definitions of prepared must be different. I don't think committing to the worst QB room in the league and effectively punting away the last season you'll have an all-time great WR in his prime is preparing effectively. The only team that took a QB as a "surprise" pick was the Falcons and there were reports that they liked Penix heading into the draft. I mean if beat reporters on Twitter have the information, I would hope Telesco is also aware of what other teams are looking to do. 

There were rumors leading up to the draft that Tennessee was shopping the #7 pick which would've given the Raiders their choice of the second tier QBs. Basically every credible media source started to mock Penix to LV at #13 right before the draft and that was clearly there guy, they just weren't aggressive so they missed out. 

I would've been happy with McCarthy, Penix, or Nix, we needed a QB. I've been consistent about that all off-season and will continue to be.

You just refuse to accept that some of these guys suck at their jobs which is why you absolutely glazed JMD/DZ like no other until the very end. 

TRUST THE PLAN, RIGHT BRUH? 

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Do you mean to run heavy offense? He’s a ball control guy always has been.

Getsy's run game wasn't even good in Chicago though, the numbers were inflated because Fields was just taking off so much.

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Goalpost.gif

Will you please tell me exactly who you are talking about (who has moved their goalposts) and when they said it? Pull out the quotes. 

Because if you do not, I'm going to consider this just another last trolling attempt.  Creating narratives and replying repeatedly with the same thing without substance, is egging on other posters for reactions and not contributing to meaningful conversation. These are immature attempts to drag down a football discussion thread. 

Like I said before you dismissed me and repeated your unfounded accusation, I already went back and read the whole AP hired thread and found 2 posters who "loved" the pick. Literally everyone else stated they were just "ok with it", or "understood it" or said it was their 2nd-4th pick. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our definitions of prepared must be different. I don't think committing to the worst QB room in the league and effectively punting away the last season you'll have an all-time great WR in his prime is preparing effectively. The only team that took a QB as a "surprise" pick was the Falcons and there were reports that they liked Penix heading into the draft. I mean if beat reporters on Twitter have the information, I would hope Telesco is also aware of what other teams are looking to do. 

There were rumors leading up to the draft that Tennessee was shopping the #7 pick which would've given the Raiders their choice of the second tier QBs. Basically every credible media source started to mock Penix to LV at #13 right before the draft and that was clearly there guy, they just weren't aggressive so they missed out. 

I would've been happy with McCarthy, Penix, or Nix, we needed a QB. I've been consistent about that all off-season and will continue to be.

You just refuse to accept that some of these guys suck at their jobs which is why you absolutely glazed JMD/DZ like no other until the very end. 

TRUST THE PLAN, RIGHT BRUH? 

Well, you know that's not true. But you made a thread praising Jimmy G, so maybe don't throw stones in a glass house.

14 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Will you please tell me exactly who you are talking about (who has moved their goalposts) and when they said it? Pull out the quotes. 

Because if you do not, I'm going to consider this just another last trolling attempt.  Creating narratives and replying repeatedly with the same thing without substance, is egging on other posters for reactions and not contributing to meaningful conversation. These are immature attempts to drag down a football discussion thread. 

Like I said before you dismissed me and repeated your unfounded accusation, I already went back and read the whole AP hired thread and found 2 posters who "loved" the pick. Literally everyone else stated they were just "ok with it", or "understood it" or said it was their 2nd-4th pick. 

Brother I'm not going to look through old threads, there was a good portion of people here that were praising AP, I can think of 4 in particular and now they're all realizing we will suck and moving the goal posts.

@agarcia34

@NCOUGHMAN

@bucksavage1

@Jeremy408

Were all hyping AP up like the second coming.

Edited by NYRaider