Week 1 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Chicago Bears

Mesa_Titan

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If we sticking with the Josh Allen comparison. He has been better than Allen was over 10 games. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I still remember his first playoff game. Completed like 50% of his passes lol.

The bigger issue with Levis, even though it is just the start of his second season, is he's still the exact same QB he was at Kentucky. When he's on, he can be special, but he's so terribly inconsistent that it's hard to trust him. If you want to see a similar performance as today from his college tape, watch his 2022 tape vs the Vols.

The most bizarre part of it is the fact that the opponent doesn't seem to matter much. He will light up a really good defense one week and then be an insult to dumpster fires the next.

It's only week 1 and he could end up having a fantastic season obviously. But Levis is the same QB right now that he was in 2021. The lack of progression is concerning.

What im struggling with when it comes to this play:

1. Lathum beat inside. 

2. It looks like the crossing route was bracketed

3. Ridley wasn't open. 

Chig had the one on one. With the defender turned so only Chig knew where the ball was. 

Don't hold onto the ball. Give your playmaker a chance at the ball. 

But this was somehow a bad play by Levis? 

6 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Was Allen a bit younger?

Yeah. I think so? Don't quote me. 

Age is a very hard thing when it comes to this generation of college players. Covid and transfer. 

But yeah Levis is older I believe. 

14 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I still remember his first playoff game. Completed like 50% of his passes lol.

Allen had multiple games where he didn't even crack 100 yards passing. (3 games)

But seemed to kinda get it by the end of that rookie year. 

I've heard so many times that people would take a year where the record wasn't great but by year's end Levis grows and shows he can do it. 

I'm anxious to see how he responds. 

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Allen had multiple games where he didn't even crack 100 yards passing. (3 games)

But seemed to kinda get it by the end of that rookie year. 

I've heard so many times that people would take a year where the record wasn't great but by year's end Levis grows and shows he can do it. 

I'm anxious to see how he responds. 

Well, however bad today was, I think it is more likely he bounces back than Deshaun Watson ever does. lol

allen is a 1 of 1 unicorn when it comes to QB development, or as close as there is to it. you will find few to no other quarterbacks in the history of football that have improved as much as he did from their rookie year to where he is now. not to mention levis is both older and not on a first round contract, so from a team-building perspective he's not going to get as much runway as allen did.  

8 minutes ago, 615finest said:

To be fair it was a free rusher coming from the right side. It was a corner if I remember 

Yeah I don't get involved in Twitter conversations. But Brisker was coming in free between the RG and RT. 

Plus it seems like it was a flood type route where all the reads are designed to go to the left. 

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Seriously, losing a game where you’re up by 17 without allowing a single offensive touchdown is absolutely wild.

That's what Im sitting here thinking about... LIKE YO!!! That might of been the worst pick 6 Ive ever seen in my life. The blocked punt. Like jfc.. Also how many of those passes Williams threw that got popped up and couldve been a pick... ugh 

Our DBs are way better than the last few years tho 

Sweat is a grown man lool

Now back to Will.. Idk man. It looked like he was just trying to do wayyyy to much. Hes got fire but sometimes its like dude just take the freaking sack. SLIDE WHEN YOU RUN. He needs to stop acting like EVERY play is to win the super bowl looool. Also Oline looked shaky at best

But tbh we gave them this game.. Clean up some mistakes and we will be fine I truly think that. Also Dhop needs to get right quick. JC will settle down and I think pete played fine. 

We have a tough 1st month but man I think we come out on FIRE at home next week and surprise the Jets with them coming off a short week playing on the west coast and playing a TOUGH 49ers team. idk I got a good feeling about it tbh. Tough L but its a very long season guys no reason to panic. Im just as mad and almost confused but we gonna be ight.