GB vs PHI : Post Game Recap

GHARMON9

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I believe he sucks and has since college. If we win a game with him, it'll be something you'll erase from your DVR as fast as the game ends.

The one thing I can't tolerate is dumb QBs and Willis cannot process to save his life. He has no blitz awareness, pre or post snap and he has no touch. He's not even mid, he's awful. We wasted a 7th rounder and let the better QB go.

no argument from me on that.  I would have pursued other QB if the GB front office felt Clifford/Pratt were not the player for QB2.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Tyler Huntley is on a practice squad. So is Mike White. Those guys can win you a game or two. What are we doing here?

Yah I would have preferred either of those guys.  Wasn't too thrilled about letting Pratt go either.  But whatever maybe just maybe Gute knows better.  Can bet Willis is going to suck donkey balls next week.  Looks like Love is out 2 weeks so if we can manage to win 1 of them we'll still be in good shape. 

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Tyler Huntley is on a practice squad. So is Mike White. Those guys can win you a game or two. What are we doing here?

So can Heinecke and he went for a 7th too. That would have been my choice.

Love will be back before any new QB has a clue about this offense.  If you want to get a better backup for the rest of the year that's one thing, getting someone new for 2-3 weeks and expect them to do anything won't work.  As piss poor as Clifford is, he's your best shot at this point.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I'm not shocked how GB approached preseason either.  I am also not shocked at how sloppy both sides of the ball were vs Philly.  Going forward, I am not sure that is the best plan to eliminate some of those issues, especially with a really young team

I agree. We saw how we started with no preseason reps with Rodgers and now this year with Love playing two snaps. Compare that to the opener last season with Chicago. I'm not saying it's a perfect fix because we remember what the games were like after that. However, it is annoying watching such disgusting football the first few weeks, and it isn't just a Packers issues. 

Edited by Toddfather

21 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well on the bright side this is a perfect opportunity to get the rooks some reps.  Why not right?  Especially Cooper, Williams, and Lloyd.  Hell even rotate in Monk and Hopper for good measure.  

I think looking at it like we are just going to concede games and get some seasoning on guys who we wouldn’t normally play would be a terrible mindset. Maybe in the last quarter of a season when things have fallen apart but never in week 2. I’m excited to see all of those guys but they’ve got to displace the vet in front of them or make a case to share snaps and get into sub packages. I think we’ll see over the course of the season but never force it to happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I think looking at it like we are just going to concede games and get some seasoning on guys who we wouldn’t normally play would be a terrible mindset. Maybe in the last quarter of a season when things have fallen apart but never in week 2. I’m excited to see all of those guys but they’ve got to displace the vet in front of them or make a case to share snaps and get into sub packages. I think we’ll see over the course of the season but never force it to happen. 

I agree, there is no way MLF would take that approach with knowing Love will be back and it's literally the second game of the season.

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Well on the bright side this is a perfect opportunity to get the rooks some reps.  Why not right?  Especially Cooper, Williams, and Lloyd.  Hell even rotate in Monk and Hopper for good measure.  

Copper, Williams and Lloyd were going to play regardless.  Maybe Hopper as well.

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

Giving the rooks some reps isn't conceding games.  Disagree with that premise.  I will say though it's unlikely we are going to win with Willis starting at QB.  It's going to be rough.  Use the opportunity to build out our depth.  I for one would like to get a look at some of the young guys.