Ravens defense didn't look as intimidating?

mdonnelly21

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Got as in past tense? I’d be surprised if they missed it, 0-2 or not.

Just saying it’s more possible than before. The Ravens are this juggernaught people think. Mike MacDonald is a defensive genius. Derrick Henry is 30 years old. 

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They allowed barely 300 yards of offense today, and completely shut down the Raiders rushing attack.  

I didn’t watch the game, but I know there were shenanigans at the end. 

Lmao why are you acting like that’s impressive?? The Raiders have a Bottom 4 starting QB and the worst OC in the league. 

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t know what there issues are, but Dallas isn’t exactly a cakewalk next week for them. 

Browns will be in the playoffs. Defense is fantastic, underrated offensive cast, Watson’s demise has been overblown as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Lmao why are you acting like that’s impressive?? The Raiders have a Bottom 4 starting QB and the worst OC in the league. 

And yet still have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball.  

Ravens also swapped out coordinators too, and lost coaches along with Macdonald.  Some of these things take time to pull back together.  

The Ravens defense may not be as intimidating as they were last year, but this unit will be fine. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

And yet still have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball.  

Ravens also swapped out coordinators too, and lost coaches along with Macdonald.  Some of these things take time to pull back together.  

The Ravens defense may not be as intimidating as they were last year, but this unit will be fine. 

Yes it will be fine, as in 8-9 or 9-8 and no playoffs. 

23 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yes it will be fine, as in 8-9 or 9-8 and no playoffs. 

EDIT: People thought it would be over after Marvin Lewis, and Mike Nolan switched defensive fronts and they excelled.  Chuck Pagano and Rex Ryan did well here.  Wink Martindale had great defenses for years, and Macdonald built on that foundation.  Zach Orr has spent most of his playing and coaching career with the Ravens, and knows the system and what they want to accomplish.  

The Ravens have also been a world-class professional sports organization for the last 25 years.  I’m certainly betting on them, if I did bet money, to make the playoffs.  They have a superior front office to just about all organizations, a great coaching staff that has a deep coaching tree and have done a great job with the next man up/next coach up philosophy over that time.  

If you’d like to dive into the coaches that left, or the players who left and their replacements, I’m game for that.  Being from Maryland and a Commanders fan, I do follow the Ravens fairly closely. 

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

EDIT: People thought it would be over after Marvin Lewis, and Mike Nolan switched defensive fronts and they excelled.  Chuck Pagano and Rex Ryan did well here.  Wink Martindale had great defenses for years, and Macdonald built on that foundation.  Zach Orr has spent most of his playing and coaching career with the Ravens, and knows the system and what they want to accomplish.  

The Ravens have also been a world-class professional sports organization for the last 25 years.  I’m certainly betting on them, if I did bet money, to make the playoffs.  They have a superior front office to just about all organizations, a great coaching staff that has a deep coaching tree and have done a great job with the next man up/next coach up philosophy over that time.  

If you’d like to dive into the coaches that left, or the players who left and their replacements, I’m game for that.  Being from Maryland and a Commanders fan, I do follow the Ravens fairly closely. 

My problem with running QB is that once you remove their legs, they are lost. It’s like watching Daniel Jones trying to sling it. It’s so bad.!

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Minshew by every metric there is is literally better than Trevor Lawrence

• Like 1

Ravens will still end up being a good team. Remember, last year early in the season they lost at home to Minshew-led Colts as well. Penalties killed them today, but otherwise they were the by and large the “better” team even if they didn’t win. The problem is that I just don’t ever see them beating Mahomes (or even Allen/Burrow to be honest) in the playoffs. Their golden chance was last year and they blew it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They allowed barely 300 yards of offense today, and completely shut down the Raiders rushing attack.  

I didn’t watch the game, but I know there were shenanigans at the end. 

And this basically summarizes it on a macro level:

Once the 4th quarter starts, the entire team forgets how to football.

Never judge a team the first 2 weeks. New players, coaches/coordinators getting acclimated, etc. Ravens will be fine. 

It took the Raiders until 9 mins left in the 4th quarter to realize if they run the offense through Adams and Bowers good things happen and they got hot. Aided by a couple questionable calls.