BDL 2024 Week 1: Hungary Hippos @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

RedGold

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2024 at 04:59 AM

special shout out to Deontae Johnson after the years of misspelling comments directed at bcb

Onto the game

I think the Hungary offensive tackles have some slight problems blocking all game.  Neither looked bad but its a tough edge group on the other side.  PR talks about Goff's release rate but then mentions a lot of play action passing which kind of negates the quick decision making release Goff is good at as hes got to turn his back to the defense momentarily.  I also look forward to the fake bootleg where the offensive lineman all fake blocking for a bootleg that doesnt happen and Goff gets destroyed by an edge standing in the middle of the field unprotected.  Regardless of all that, i think Hungary will have better weeks offensively but the overdependance on Titans and Panthers wide receivers really doesn't look good this week.  I also don't think a cover zero is wise with that corner group, at least not yet.  I think you realize this yourself in the later parts of the writeup

Hungary will have some success running here in a power game as the IC interior is focused on pass penetration so i think mostert can break a couple big runs

On the other end, i think Hungary forces ICBR into some negative plays but the quick release and talent discrepency out wide will be enough to take this one with a quick passing attack

Give me ICBR 17-10

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

special shout out to Deontae Johnson after the years of misspelling comments directed at bcb

Onto the game

I think the Hungary offensive tackles have some slight problems blocking all game.  Neither looked bad but its a tough edge group on the other side.  PR talks about Goff's release rate but then mentions a lot of play action passing which kind of negates the quick decision making release Goff is good at as hes got to turn his back to the defense momentarily.  I also look forward to the fake bootleg where the offensive lineman all fake blocking for a bootleg that doesnt happen and Goff gets destroyed by an edge standing in the middle of the field unprotected.  Regardless of all that, i think Hungary will have better weeks offensively but the overdependance on Titans and Panthers wide receivers really doesn't look good this week.  I also don't think a cover zero is wise with that corner group, at least not yet.  I think you realize this yourself in the later parts of the writeup

Hungary will have some success running here in a power game as the IC interior is focused on pass penetration so i think mostert can break a couple big runs

On the other end, i think Hungary forces ICBR into some negative plays but the quick release and talent discrepency out wide will be enough to take this one with a quick passing attack

Give me ICBR 17-10

Homie, this is the Lions offensive system. They do running game, play action with multiple layers. He still averages the lowest release time in the league. 

3 minutes ago, PR said:

Homie, this is the Lions offensive system. They do running game, play action with multiple layers. He still averages the lowest release time in the league. 

Again, thats fine but the entire first part of your write up is run or play action, and then more run or play action.  I watched Detroit play.  they run some play action but not as much as you are incorporating here

The only other thing that I'd like to point out is the reading comprehension issue from multiple people: 

The easiest way to explain it is a wide zone run building into play action bootlegs which builds into screen passes and fake bootlegs, and then finally builds into drop back play action pass.

The dude is flipping the ball out to a screen as he fakes the bootleg. 

15 minutes ago, PR said:

The only other thing that I'd like to point out is the reading comprehension issue from multiple people: 

The easiest way to explain it is a wide zone run building into play action bootlegs which builds into screen passes and fake bootlegs, and then finally builds into drop back play action pass.

The dude is flipping the ball out to a screen as he fakes the bootleg. 

i think @Blue  will agree that your usage of the word and is your problem here as well as your using passes and bootlegs in the plural form.  As it signifies that you are running two differernt plays.  Not doing both at once.  Write better

Contrary to some opinions above, I think this is a low scoring game. ICBR DL is a force to be reckon with and I think Hungary has too much confidence in its ability to get the running game going. And since a lot of their gameplay is based off the success of the running game, that’s an issue. I think an area of success for Hungary would be the receiving backs - Ekeler and White - wish they were featured more. On the other hand, I think Crosby completely takes over this game despite the additional help for Guyton. I do like Kamara as a safety valve for Purdy, I think he produces heavily, especially against the zero blitzes of Hungary.

In this one I think ICBR get big plays on enough possessions to pull out the W. ICBR 23 - Hungary 13.

This game projects as a true defensive struggle. I have a hard time seeing Hungary establish an offensive rhythm. The offensive line is fantastic but I have a hard time seeing their RBs do anything more than what the OL gives them. That’s obviously the name of the game but if they are dealing with the IC secondary, IC’s pass rush can offset Goff, who doesn’t have mobility to significantly extend plays.

Conversely, Hungary’s defense is elite and will give them a chance it a lot of games this season. Purdy will make some plays and Big Trent helps but it could be a long day for Guyton. St Brown was pedestrian week 1 but I could see him doing a bit more in this game.

Defensive slugfest, I think IC limits the run game from ever getting going and the offense remains steady even with a slow start.

20-10 IC.