Monday Night Football: Jets @ 49ers

Monday Night Football: Jets @ 49ers  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Jets
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2024 at 12:15 AM

I feel like the 49ers are a top 7 team. The Jets could be anything from 5-20. I'll take the known quantity 49ers. We'd have to be betting Rodgers is going to turn the clock back 3 years for the Jets to be particularly good. I'm guessing he plays a little worse than his 2022 form rather than at his 2021 form.

Sloppy game and the 9ers by 10.

46 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's hard to imagine Rodgers looking like his old self. He only needs to be capable for this Jets offense to look good, I think - but that won't be enough to beat the Niners.

I think he'll be better than Cousins because the Achilles injury is in his non-plant foot, but I expect he will have similar limitations in his mobility.  I would therefore expect a lot of Breece Hall in the run game, but also in the pass game, and Tyler Conklin as the safety valve in the short middle as well.   

On the 49ers side, getting to A-Rod is a priority - especially because Dre Greenlaw and S Hufanga are gone from the unit that wreaked havoc when both were there.   They still can create a LOT of pressure, though.

When SF lines up on O - the NYJ CB's are so good, even with Aiyuk / Deebo, you have to wonder if they'll use Deebo more in the run / bubble game, and lean on Kittle more (NYJ is way more vulnerable in their safety / ILB group than the CB's <duh>).    Such a massive difference to have Trent Williams back, because Kittle isn't asked to block on passing downs nearly as much when Williams can play.     Jets sure could use Hassan Reddick, but what's done is done.

I think it's a 6+ point SF victory, but the Jets O will look functional.    Definitely a rust game for A-Rod overall, though - the track record of QB's coming off injury or joining new O's / teams and skipping the preseason isn't that kind.   Don't think that changes tonight.