Week 2: Colts at Packers - The Malik Willis Show

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Great win, but still don't know how to feel about the Defense. It was better, but Richardson wasn't good. Couple drops as well. Pass rush still a bit disappointing. Where's Gary/Clark/Preston man? Wyatt at least showed out today. I don't think Enagbare deserves the snaps he's getting either tbf. Quay still inconsistent as ever. Still optimistic it just needs to gel together still, but need these guys up front to be better.

Can't play Colts every week. Hope we continue to improve on D, Love is feeling spry, and we get clownshow Levis and not the dangerous version.  They will be 0-2 fighting for everything.

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Great win, but still don't know how to feel about the Defense. It was better, but Richardson wasn't good. Couple drops as well. Pass rush still a bit disappointing. Where's Gary/Clark/Preston man? Wyatt at least showed out today. I don't think Enagbare deserves the snaps he's getting either tbf. Quay still inconsistent as ever. Still optimistic it just needs to gel together still, but need these guys up front to be better.

Richardson on the run outside the pocket is much more dangerous than Richardson in the pocket. I think they did ok making him move around inside too. When he breaks need to do a better job of disengaging at times. Both games late hurts and Ant have been able to get loose and thats been when theyre best.

Im not too concerned with pressure yet. We'll get some actual talent in the pocket and we'll see how things go.

Both guys have given us ~50% completion with multiple ints. I dont think theyre any too comfortable in there.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

They will be good as long as Darnold plays well.  My guess is that he is going to revert to form, and eventually get benched.  If he doesn't, they have another season like they had with Case Keenum.  9ers losing is good for us.

And hopefully the 49ers luck starts going downhill at Lambeau like it did today

Game that just got harder on our schedule is the one vs the Saints in December.  Their offense is murdering opponents out there.

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

And hopefully the 49ers luck starts going downhill at Lambeau like it did today

Game that just got harder on our schedule is the one vs the Saints in December.  Their offense is murdering opponents out there.

But its in lambeau in december things will be slowing down by then

I really liked the Packers game plan this week.  There were things to clean up, and the Colts probably want quite a few plays back, but this is how we had to play with a back-up QB, especially one who has only been on the team for a couple of weeks.  

-Kraft and Watson had some good downfield blocks today. Kraft was pretty good on some "FB" reps as well.

-The WRs made quite a bit with their limited opportunities today

-Willis didn't lose the game.  A lot of times the back-up will make some really ill-advised throws or duck and run immediately.  Willis played the game manager very well today.

-I think that the run game got a little too predictable by the end of the game.  The Colts are bad at defending the run.  We even showed that early.  But when they sold out against the run, they did a pretty good job at stopping it, and that was most of the second half.  I am not sure if it was the run blocking or the play calls, but it was less effective, they probably should have mixed it up a little more.

-I would say burn the tape from Quay, but at this point, I think that is what he is.  At least when he has a good play, he is really fast too.

-For the second week, our defensive ends were lacking in the pressure department.  Last week I put it up to playing contain, I am not so sure that was the case this week and that they didn't just get beat by the OL.

• Like 2

Also, I do worry a bit about the Titans game next week

On paper, yes we're better, but we got some challenges there

1.  Their DL is pretty stout.  The Colts didn't match up well against the LaFleur motion plays running game and we pushed them.  The Titans are going to be ready to take that away and try and force Willis to throw that ball downfield.

2. After losing two close ones by the same exact score, they're going to be desperate for a W

3. We still have yet to win in Nashville

9 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Eagles and Colts OL's are some of the best in the league, but yeah, you expect this DL to look better than they have especially with how much they invested in it. As always, run defense and tackling remains a forever issue with any Packers defense

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Two running QB's.  Have to play contain which they did a pretty good job of.  They will get after Levis next week believe it. 

At some point though even if you contain you gotta pressure the QB. You fall into the trap vs a team like the Eagles where you contain but give them clean pockets all day they're going to shred you. 

10 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Can't play Colts every week. Hope we continue to improve on D, Love is feeling spry, and we get clownshow Levis and not the dangerous version.  They will be 0-2 fighting for everything.

TN lost to AR and the Jets today.  Let's hope Jacobs doesn't fumble on the goal line again next week.

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Eagles and Colts OL's are some of the best in the league, but yeah, you expect this DL to look better than they have especially with how much they invested in it. As always, run defense and tackling remains a forever issue with any Packers defense

That's where im at. It feels like Clark/Gary just been non-factors. Things just could be so much better. Hopefully its just because of the QBs/Better OL.