Week 2: San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Is this the worse SF team the last 3 years? Also, bro Deebo was nuts yesterday. Those advance metrics can’t measure the dawg he has. On time Deebo >>>>
Brandon PFF gawd. 

Too early to say. We started out 3-4 in 2022 and lost to the friggin bears who had the #1 pick that year (granted, lance started and it was a monsoon game). 

Shanny could adjust, Purdy could get his groove back, Trent & Aiyuk could get in sync, CMC/Greenlaw/Hufanga/Pearsall can come back healthy and be difference makers, etc. Lots of potential still with the squad. But you never know 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, that sucks.

Ouch.  I can't remember who posted some stats last season when Deebo wasn't playing.  Offensive play drops dramatically, though.  I assume because the play calls are dwindled down to a very vanilla offense.  Oh well.  Let's see what Shanny comes up with. 

2 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Ouch.  I can't remember who posted some stats last season when Deebo wasn't playing.  Offensive play drops dramatically, though.  I assume because the play calls are dwindled down to a very vanilla offense.  Oh well.  Let's see what Shanny comes up with. 

Eh.  Last year his missed time overlapped with Trent missing time / also being hurt which I think was the much bigger issue. 

The year before, the niners averaged like 40 points in the games that Deebo missed. 

Last year, by EPA, the offense was the worst when Aiyuk was off the field, not Deebo. 

Biggest problem here is that the passing offense already seems disjointed with no downfield plays. when they aren't throwing downfield, they wanted explosive YAC. That's going to be Deebo, so we may feel it this time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Eh.  Last year his missed time overlapped with Trent missing time / also being hurt which I think was the much bigger issue. 

The year before, the niners averaged like 40 points in the games that Deebo missed. 

Last year, by EPA, the offense was the worst when Aiyuk was off the field, not Deebo. 

Biggest problem here is that the passing offense already seems disjointed with no downfield plays. when they aren't throwing downfield, they wanted explosive YAC. That's going to be Deebo, so we may feel it this time. 

Interesting.  I could be misremembering something.  Maybe it was a conversation we had when Deebo wasn't playing.  The offense got super vanilla, but maybe the execution was good still.  

It makes sense that we are at our worst when Aiyuk is off the field.  He's really the only deep threat we have.  Safeties can play tighter with him off the field.  Kind of reminds me of some of the dark days when we had Vernon....and a bunch of guys no one's ever heard of.  Not exactly the same here, but without a deep threat of some kind, the defense has an easier job.  

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe we get to see some Cowing ? 

Some, but Conley will get more time...Heck, Kyle talked about wanting Jennings to get the first shot when Aiyuk was going to possibly miss some games or get traded. We shall see but no reason not to at least giving Cowing a shot. Would have been good to have Pearsall healthy as we would have been able to see what he can do. 

Honestly, my expectations really aren't all that much different with CMC/Deebo out. Find a way and get it done. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I can't imagine just wanting to be this miserable all the time lol

Especially about something someone has zero control over. We all get frustrated, but it's been two games, and the 49ers are 1-1 with the loss coming off a short week on the road against a quality DC. Homeslice need to smoke a bowl. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Time for Aiyuk to start dominating. It would be nice for Cowing as a rook to use the chance to shine. He'll probably get more snaps now. Hopefully against the Rams it's not another dropback pass situation to make up for a scoring deficit. OL, and Mason need to pounce on the Rams early. 

• Like 1