• The Iron Giant
    • Little Giants
    • Big Fish
    • Godzilla
    • Star Wars (The Forbes Be With You)
    • The League
    • The Sopranos

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I agree but those guys are generational. There is no Joe Alt or Harrison Jr in this draft. At least that I’ve seen. Will Campbell is a stud but he’s more Fashanu than he is Alt. 

Maybe you should check out Banks Jr from Texas. He’s that dude I’d say more athletic Trent style mold over Alt who’s a Joe Thomas clone. The word generational is really the most senseless word for the draft!!! Like if a player comes in and ends up like JJ Moss the watts yes there generational. None of those guys were generational in the draft process so I hate that term for prospects. 

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

Because you’d still rather have Joe Alt than Olu Fashanu or Marvin Harrison than Rome Odunze. 

We probably will “regret” this win once draft position becomes more important than winning. But I can’t regret it today. Let’s win until we’re eliminated — and then let’s lose 42-40.

Us losing this game and going 3-14 or something, while great for draft position for a rebuild, probably doesn't heed well to where Jayden is after Year 1. So yeah, let's win if we can, enjoy the ride, and lose 42-20 if and when we're out. I'm good with that. 

• Like 1

The Good: 

1) We scored on every possession (excluding the 1 play end of half). That's amazing. You love to see it. This will obviously be revisited...

2) Washington’s Zach Ertz became the 12th tight end in NFL history to surpass 7,500 yards receiving. The 33-year-old veteran made four catches for 62 yards as one of Daniels’ most popular targets. Just a cool note on him.

3) Brian Robinson (and Austin Ekeler) had another great game. These two, so far, are providing an excellent 1-2 punch and serving as a great complement to JD. 

4) What a way to welcome the new kicker. Getting hired off the street and less than a week later coming in and having to go 7 for 7 in field goals (setting a franchise record), is nothing to scoff at. Way to come in and do your job well. 

The Bad:

1) Jayden Daniels and shots downfield? Not exactly sure how to approach this. This could be a combination of a handful of things, but how many throws did JD make that were over 12+ air yards from the line of scrimmage? Couldn't have been more than like 3 or 4. Does he not have the confidence to try tight windows? Are the receivers really that bad at getting open? Is it just Kliff's scheme that we knew about? If he's afraid to make a mistake I get it - zero turnovers is great so far. But part of me wonders if he'd be better off getting an INT out of the way to get that monkey off his back and let him rip it a little more. If that is the problem...

2) The run defense - seemed to do a reversal from the previous week and didn't have the same tenacity. 

The Ugly: 

1) The Red Zone offense. Technically, we scored every time. But, going 0 for 6 with 5 false start penalties is disgusting. Kliff getting cute in the RZ was annoying. This has to be the focus of the offense this week. It wasn't just one player. I think 4 different players got the 5 penalties. There was a definite miscommunication somewhere.

2) The pass defense. Enough said. It's going to be here each week. All DJ wanted to do was target Nabers. Why did we keep thinking 1 on 1 coverage with no help was going to work?

57 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Us losing this game and going 3-14 or something, while great for draft position for a rebuild, probably doesn't heed well to where Jayden is after Year 1. So yeah, let's win if we can, enjoy the ride, and lose 42-20 if and when we're out. I'm good with that. 

I would agree with this except we dumped most of the young players we were developing for journeyman veterans on 1 year contracts. So not only are we not going to get any grow from player development, the “culture” is going to be hard to develop when we’re turning over so much of the roster again next year.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would agree with this except we dumped most of the young players we were developing for journeyman veterans on 1 year contracts. So not only are we not going to get any grow from player development, the “culture” is going to be hard to develop when we’re turning over so much of the roster again next year.

Fair, but I am only specifically mentioning the one player at the most important position at the moment. He's my biggest concern from that standpoint. 

Our draft class surely isn't shining so far either. Sanristil , McCaffrey, Sinnott, Coleman, ( haven't really seen enough but no glaring errors ) Newton ( been hurt ) . None of theses guys seem to be difference makers--YET. Daniels too . His arm strenght seems a little iffy to me. I don't see ZIP. Kinda floats it out there but has shown nice accuracy . Guess these kids need to grow.

You guys should NEVER want us to lose games, until we are mathematically eliminated from Playoff contention. NEVER!

Just like any habits in life, that are hard to quit? Losing is also a habit.

It's probably one of the reasons why, we are scraping tooth & nail to get wins right now. 

Just because you want this player in the draft, or that player in the draft? You figure that out, when the Playoffs are not happening.

We sucked bad enough to get to #2, for Chase Young. How the hell did that work out for us?

There were 6 QB's taken in this this year draft in the 1st round & only 1 looks like he belongs. (At this current moment)

QB Jayden Daniels.

The rest are either injured, or not ready & not playing, or not ready & are playing.

We're 1-1 & a Falcons win over the Eagles tonight from being in 1st place in the NFC East after 2 weeks.

It's a long season 

Enjoy the moment!

If we're 3-10 at the bye?

Then fine....

We can wrestle around the idea of how we can get Travis Hunter in a Commanders uniform.

Until then? Screw losing.

I'm tired of losing.

And I sure as hell don't want to lose with our Franchise QB.

The draft is not TBD only avenue of adding good pieces to your team.

We saw that yesterday, with WR Noah Brown!

Ok...

I'm done with my rant.

• Like 1

Good win, which is why some of you are so flustered (majority of us clearly still suffer from Stockholm syndrome). Here is what I liked:

1) Coaches are not ego maniacs, made adjustments and it showed

2) Jayden is accurate and efficient as all get out

3) Running backs are COMPLETE MONSTERS

Here is what i didn't like:

1) Kliff Kingsbury scripted offense is abysmal, zero feel at times. If O is committing a lot of penalties, perhaps you could simplify things for them?

2) Our Defense is atrocious. At this point, we shouldn't expect to win many games, they are historically bad.

13 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Good win, which is why some of you are so flustered (majority of us clearly still suffer from Stockholm syndrome). Here is what I liked:

1) Coaches are not ego maniacs, made adjustments and it showed

2) Jayden is accurate and efficient as all get out

3) Running backs are COMPLETE MONSTERS

Here is what i didn't like:

1) Kliff Kingsbury scripted offense is abysmal, zero feel at times. If O is committing a lot of penalties, perhaps you could simplify things for them?

2) Our Defense is atrocious. At this point, we shouldn't expect to win many games, they are historically bad.

I agree, our Defense sucks. 😔 

But I'm not upset with KK.

He's spoon-feeding Jayden Daniels & bringing him along slowly by these play designs.

Yes, it looks like Alex Smith is back & leading the way.

But, I strongly believe this is how you bring along a rookie slowly, until turning him loose.

We didn't need to turn him loose, because he's marching the Offense down the field on EVERY drive.

You want to turn him loose, with this Offensive Line.

Then watch what happened to Caleb Williams last night vs Texans. Cause that will probably happen. Or worse...injury

IF this was year 2 with Daniels? I would agree.

But not his rookie year.

Btw, we haven't turned the ball over....yet. if we turn him loose? That will change.

We're playing smart football. 

Whether you guys like KK or not.

It's working.

We just need to score TD's more now.

And I believe we will.

Hopefully, Next Monday Night.

Edited by aceinthehouse

I actually find it kind of funny how we are talking about how bad the defense is without acknowledging they are better than last year already. 

2023 Total Yards Rank: 32nd (388.9 YPG) 30.47 PPG allowed (32nd).

2024 Total Yards Rank: 22nd (348 YPG) 27.5 PPG allowed (29th). 

Last year was year 4 of Ron's tenure. This is year 1 for the new regime. The biggest thing missing right now is turnovers. 

28 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Coaches are not ego maniacs, made adjustments and it showed

Help me out with this one. What adjustments? Still couldn't punch it in. Still couldn't do anything to stop Nabers (he had to drop a pass for us to get a chance).

• Like 3

I like Kliff offense 

just hate it in the red zone 

he is keeping JD confidence alive and JD decided to stop running himself. He also is covering up for how terrible the line is. He used the running game a lot for what’s called an air raid offense. 

imagine with Caleb Williams had Kliff he wouldn’t look like a bust as of right now.