Week 2 GDT: Jets @ Titans

55 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

OL play has been poor overall, but I'm inclined to go another month or so before trying to make changes w/ this group (perhaps after the bye so maybe just 2 more games)

It's just a really inexperienced unit...none of this is surprising. none of our offensive woes SHOULD be surprising. Frustrating and redundant, yes. Surprising, not as much

Oh, 100 percent.  NPF might still be fixable, but I never liked him as a prospect, and he's in his third year with a lot of starting experience and still just plain bad.  I was more saying that there's a very good chance that one of the younger or newer guys on the roster might be better than him after a little while longer, with good coaching under them, and some time, but it isn't going to be any time soon.

Either way, I'm looking at OG/RT as one of our early picks in the draft next year.

Another thing I forgot to mention.  Kenneth Murray also looked way, way better than last week.  I wonder if it has anything to do with Ernest Jones being the guy next to him or if he's just getting more comfortable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Another thing I forgot to mention.  Kenneth Murray also looked way, way better than last week.  I wonder if it has anything to do with Ernest Jones being the guy next to him or if he's just getting more comfortable.

there were a few moments throughout the game yesterday when i wondered "is ILB a....strength now?" which would have been unimaginable literally two weeks ago.

38 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

this is the kind of stuff that really can't get overlooked...we're learning on the fly.

not defending the poor play...we're just at where we're at right now with a group that's extremely young and largely inexperienced

Youngest offensive line in the league, new coordinators, new coaches, new play caller. Unexperienced QB. Struggle should have been expected. I think a lot of us got excited at the new approach and hoped it would be instant.

It has not. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Youngest offensive line in the league, new coordinators, new coaches, new play caller. Unexperienced QB. Struggle should have been expected. I think a lot of us got excited at the new approach and hoped it would be instant.

It has not. 

I think our best chance is to click around November. There are some "winnable" games there and December. Might be too late to get frisky in the playoff hunt, but I think that's when we'll "know" Levis and Callahan.

Looking back. Some more positives. 

Landry multiple sacks. 

Pass defense hasn't allowed any pass catcher to get more than 60 yards so far. 

Mentioned before. But the ILBs look good. Murray haters should eat a nibble of crow. Not Hall of Fame but not some bum some thought he'd be.  

Pollard is a good addition. 

Ridley still has the juice. 

Edited by KingTitan

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

levis blew the first three downs of the end-of-game goal-to-go sequence. processing just isn't there at all. even if you take away the hellacious turnovers this has to improve if he wants to be a starting-caliber QB.

And this is why people should stop saying Cally & play calling is the problem 😮‍💨, it’s the Dam QB, film doesn’t lie but it sounds good to blame Cally because play calling is conservative. The QB isn’t reading the field at all. It’s like Levis is pre determined to throw the ball to who he wants to throw it to.

I want to believe in Levis, I really do. But I don’t know man. It feels like all the concerns I had prior to us drafting him has shown up these first two games. I’m trying to give him grace since it’s a new coach, new system and new players but he’s got to start stringing together some high quality performances without those boneheaded mistakes. And showing improvement week to week.

I’d feel so much better about everything if we were 0-2 but he was balling out. Him being one of the main causes to our 0-2 start is disheartening.

21 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Screenshot isn't in great context. He is already throwing it. 

And in this shot Burks has a step and the safety is turned. 

It was a shot play. I'm imagining that was the first read and it's there. Pass itself could have been slightly better but Burks had a chance to make a play. 

This is where it becomes a pain to be a fan, when the QB isn't where you want him to be. 

Every pass is picked apart. I get it. But doesn't make it less annoying for someone like me. 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Screenshot isn't in great context. He is already throwing it. 

And in this shot Burks has a step and the safety is turned. 

It was a shot play. I'm imagining that was the first read and it's there. Pass itself could have been slightly better but Burks had a chance to make a play. 

This is where it becomes a pain to be a fan, when the QB isn't where you want him to be. 

Every pass is picked apart. I get it. But doesn't make it less annoying for someone like me. 

He was open before he threw it. I remember the announcer pointing it out during the game. But yea on twitter they are dissecting every little thing. I get on there for laughs because the takes are insane lol