Week 2 general discussion

Blackstar12

9 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Am I crazy to think that GP could be AB good if he had a Damm good QB? Dude could legit be JJ good. He’s insanely talented he’s just a diva but the dude makes some of the most jaw dropping catches ever. He doesn’t need much separation and can climb the ladder and fight 2 dudes to make the grab. 

He's still got a lot of things he needs to work on himself. His route running has gotten better but he needs to either glide in and out better or get much more sharp on his cuts. He tends to make some routine catches look difficult based on making adjustments he doesn't have to. He's not really the same type of shifty with the ball AB was and is more straight line speed, so getting that separation for him will be important. Basically it's more than just QB play that would make him better.

All of that being said - I think he's on his way to that. I really think the thing that will make or break that this year is someone, anyone, stepping up to help pull attention away. A little more use of PA will help him, especially if he becomes a more consistent run blocker, because then he can come off the line, engage, disengage, and be in his route with safeties that hopefully bit on the PA.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

He's still got a lot of things he needs to work on himself. His route running has gotten better but he needs to either glide in and out better or get much more sharp on his cuts. He tends to make some routine catches look difficult based on making adjustments he doesn't have to. He's not really the same type of shifty with the ball AB was and is more straight line speed, so getting that separation for him will be important. Basically it's more than just QB play that would make him better.

All of that being said - I think he's on his way to that. I really think the thing that will make or break that this year is someone, anyone, stepping up to help pull attention away. A little more use of PA will help him, especially if he becomes a more consistent run blocker, because then he can come off the line, engage, disengage, and be in his route with safeties that hopefully bit on the PA.

I follow this dude on IG. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1N07VZstoE/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-bMOZUSzVP/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

he post insane reels but he’s a huge Pitt homer lol… You better sign him now because that arrow is going up. Dude is just a baller. Imagine him with a force feeder. Oooof.

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

But old Andy Dalton is better than Bryce 

Bryce is a Tank Commander.  He already led the team to the #1 pick once, this is a very valuable QB.  How many current starting NFL QBs can claim that?  It would be a BIG mistake benching him for Dalton.  Let the commander cook.

24 minutes ago, D82 said:

Apparently SF tried to trade for Justin Jefferson? Dunno why they thought that would happen

That never stops them. 

They've  put in trade calls on Tom Brady when he was on the Pats, Aaron Rodgers when he was on the Packers. They will pretty much reach out about anyone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Brenton Strange SZN? 

Not sure.   Based on the depth charts Farrell is the backup but he's not really close to an engram style TE..... Farrell is that old school blocker and possession guy.

Strange might be but I could just see us throwing more to the wrs with Gabe, Thomas Jr, Kirk.  Could see a little more targets to ettiene. 

All I know is we have a solid collection of weapons and Trevor seems to distribute evenly but that was based on last week.

• Like 1