BDL 2024 Week 2: Lancaster Werewolves @ Cancun Kaiju

RedGold

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2024 at 04:01 AM

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

To start, I'd like to point out just how absurd it is that Cancun would bench a CB as elite as Zyon McCollum, who practically shut down the Lions on his own and was almost solely responsible for the win. I'm deducting serious performance projections here. Awful gameplanning.

I wasn't sure he was even going to play after he had to leave the game Week 1 due to a concussion.

35 minutes ago, Blue said:

I wasn't sure he was even going to play after he had to leave the game Week 1 due to a concussion.

Nervously wonders if anyone sees the slip that Blue is control of our defense and will point out I do nothing except fake LARP about defense

• Like 2

Pretty fun matchup with high end talent on both levels. I really like the Cancun defensive strategy to bracket Chase. I think he can make a big play or two but don’t think he’s quite ceiling Chase that’s a top WR.

Conversely, I think the Lancaster DL makes a statement early in the game. Cancun’s offense is (too) conservative with not putting the game in Mahomes hand. This might lead to some FGs early but I like Metcalf (a little) and Olave(a ton) to win their battles.

Cancun 23-16

**Lancaster Monarchs:** Offensively, Lancaster plans to lean on a balanced run-pass attack, utilizing a strong inside running game with Jahmyr Gibbs, David Montgomery, and Tyler Allgeier. They aim to control the clock, avoid third-and-longs, and utilize play-action passes to exploit Cancun’s stacked boxes. Ja'Marr Chase is their primary weapon, with some opportunities for deep shots once the running game establishes itself. On defense, Lancaster will prioritize physicality, using T.J. Watt and their strong linebackers to pressure Mahomes and slow down Cancun's run game, while utilizing zone coverages to limit big plays.

**Cancun Ironmen:** Cancun plans to run a ball-control offense, relying heavily on their trio of running backs (Stevenson, Taylor, Jones) to exploit Lancaster’s depth issues. They’ll use two tight-end sets to add blockers, aiming to set up favorable third downs and occasional deep shots off play-action. On defense, Cancun will focus on limiting Ja'Marr Chase with a dedicated coverage scheme (Cover 1 Robber) and aggressive run support, while also pressuring Jalen Hurts with stunts and blitzes to force quick decisions.

**Prediction:** Cancun’s ability to wear down Lancaster’s defense with their deep running game and heavy pressure on Hurts will give them an edge in a close, grind-it-out game. Cancun edges Lancaster.

This one is tough.  I like both teams LBers.  Lancaster has the better DL.  I like their IOL but I like the left side of Cancuns OL.  Lancaster has Chase, Gibbs, and meh.  Cancun has two good WRs and great RBs.

I just keep thinking that Mad and Keion are going to collapse the right side of that OL regularly.

Lancaster wins

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

This one is tough.  I like both teams LBers.  Lancaster has the better DL.  I like their IOL but I like the left side of Cancuns OL.  Lancaster has Chase, Gibbs, and meh.  Cancun has two good WRs and great RBs.

I just keep thinking that Mad and Keion are going to collapse the right side of that OL regularly.

Lancaster wins

I saved this one for last… a hard one for sure. But yes that Dline of Lancaster is headed for some nasty business all season long. White himself has developed into a force.  Super close one. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 2:54 PM, RuskieTitan said:

Still have games to be played, but I'm struggling to see how Cancun's defense can contain Lancaster's offense.

Think Cancun made it more complex than needed on defense, not sure their players can pick it up. Luckily the Lancaster offense decided they were going to chill this week too, and don't do enough to win on the road.