Monday Night Football: Atlanta Falcons (0-1) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-0)

Football_Bachelor08

Monday Night Football: Atlanta Falcons (0-1) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-0)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Falcons
    • Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2024 at 12:15 AM

21 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

And what about your offense?

Needs to just come together. The pieces are there. But right now, the offense isn't better than the sum of it's parts. 

Average QB

Top RB

Above Average WR1

Above Average TE1

Solid WR2

Top 5 OL

The parts are there. Just needs to come together. But they didn't play in the preseason at all.

11 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He looked so much stronger and quicker this past week than he has in years.

that ain't gonna last all year. He's 31, and 290 pounders rarely give us trouble, even if their name is Aaron Donald. Brandon Graham looked quicker than he did last season, but he'll fall off too.

Edited by Jeezla

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

that ain't gonna last all year. He's 31, and 290 pounders rarely give us trouble, even if their name is Aaron Donald. Brandon Graham looked quicker than he did last season, but he'll fall off too.

IDK. I saw some protection breakdowns last week against the Packers without Kelce in there. I think Jarrett can break through for a couple pressures. Maybe even a hit or a sack.

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

IDK. I saw some protection breakdowns last week against the Packers without Kelce in there. I think Jarrett can break through for a couple pressures. Maybe even a hit or a sack.

crazy that would happen in week 1 after not playing our starters at all in the preseason.

Big problem for ATL on O is they can't replicate what they did in week 1 - pistol & shotgun only formations, and then ran 84 percent out of pistol, and then 100 percent pass from shotgun.   Giving away what play it's going to be presnap just doesn't work.    If Cousins' mobility is really limited, then by all means, use pistol...and do both runs & passes from pistol.  They just have to keep the D guessing as to what they are going to do.

If Cousins is still hesitant to throw the deep ball - then for god's sake, get Drake London involved with short-intermediate routes.    Get Bijan Robinson out in space (swing passes, screens, etc.) - great way to avoid Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis, and matched up on the PHI ILB's.    The run game may not be as successful if they are predictable, which again is why I really hope OC Zac Robinson shows more unpredictability out of pistol (throw more from pistol, odd draw from shotgun). 

When PHI has the ball - Kellen Moore loves the power-run scheme and intermediate-deep passing game.   No AJ Brown hurts, but I expect they'll move Devonta Smith around and on either slot, to force ATL to decide if they want AJ Terrell & the D moving all around, or staying on a boundary guy.   I would absolutely expect Saquon Barkley to get 20+ carries this game.     If PHI's OL can establish the ground game, makes life so much easier for Jalen Hurts. 

With news AJ Brown is out, the OU has gone down from 48 to 45.5 - think that's an overreaction TBH.    Hoping we'll get a repeat of week 1 GB-PHI, TBH.   

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Needs to just come together. The pieces are there. But right now, the offense isn't better than the sum of it's parts. 

Average QB

Top RB

Above Average WR1

Above Average TE1

Solid WR2

Top 5 OL

The parts are there. Just needs to come together. But they didn't play in the preseason at all.

What do you expect from the unit tonight? Specifically the offense, i mean 

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What do you expect from the unit tonight? Specifically the offense, i mean 

2 touchdowns, 2-3 FGs, 20-23 points. If I'm being brutally honest. I think the defense might contribute more to the offense though if they can get some turnovers.