-refs helped us out a lot 

-offense finally did something 

-perfect in the redzone 

-defense keeping the game close and finishing 

-adams taking over

-Brock with the grown man plays

-spill with the int

-lucky win but I’ll take it next week will be great measuring stick

• #11 Punter for the Ravens. Gifted them a 19 yard punt to set up the go ahead drive.
  • Getsy's playcalling. 3rd and 3 run up the middle with Abdullah? Miss me with that
  • Oline can't open holes in the run game. Struggling in pass pro. Need to mix something up with this group
    • Kolton Miller, is he rusty from missing camp or do we have a potential LT problem brewing here
  • Offense going through Adams and Bowers - this is the way
    • Take the good with the bad on Minshew feeding these two defense is good enough to hold up
  • Patrick Graham's defense. Not a fluke. Has some holes but brings it.
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:
  • #11 Punter for the Ravens. Gifted them a 19 yard punt to set up the go ahead drive.
  • Getsy's playcalling. 3rd and 3 run up the middle with Abdullah? Miss me with that
  • Oline can't open holes in the run game. Struggling in pass pro. Need to mix something up with this group
    • Kolton Miller, is he rusty from missing camp or do we have a potential LT problem brewing here
  • Offense going through Adams and Bowers - this is the way
    • Take the good with the bad on Minshew feeding these two defense is good enough to hold up
  • Patrick Graham's defense. Not a fluke. Has some holes but brings it.

All true. I'd add Wilkins is making a big impact as well. Spillane is Pro Bowl material, and his INT likely saved the game. Tackling needs to improve for the defense. 

O-line is concerning. Hoping JPJ makes a difference quickly.

Baltimore's crowd brought the noise, but the entire team remained calm and poised all game. Sideline stayed positive. 

Lastly shoutout to Carlson, I was tough on him last week and he outdueled Tucker.

Need to avoid a letdown versus Carolina.

• Like 4

The Good

Just Win Baby! It was ugly for the most part, lots of miscues and inaccuracies but we kept in the game, showed heart, fighting spirit and when we had a chance we took it. It certainly wasn't luck, we put ourselves in a position to take advantage and when the Ravens erred we indeed took advantage. At 23-13 down and at 2nd and 20 after getting sacked I was sure it was all over but the will to win was there and you have to give props to the coaches and players for that.

Maxx Crosby - Another great game, was a constant nuisance and made the plays when they needed. 

Brock Bowers - Looks like a 40 year old Geography teacher, plays like a veteran Pro Bowler. Really deserved a TD when he rumbled down to the goaline with their entire secondary on his back..........he's going to be a great player and a guy I'll love rooting for.

CBs - I though Bennett looked solid out there today, made plays when he had to and had tight coverage for the most part. Last year he looked like a raw rookie with flashes but many mistakes but he's improved and with Jones playing really well and Hobbs being so solid we could have a very good young group going forward.  

Robert Spillane - Mr Under the Radar, he's not the biggest, not the fastest, not the flashiest but he is a very good football player. Constantly around the ball, sneaky ball hawking by being in the right place at the right time and just a glue player.

Devante Adams - Made the big plays when we needed them, wasn't perfect of course and he had a drop or two I think but he came good in the big moments.

STs - Were solid all day, Carlson effectively winning us the game again.

Jakobi Myers - Haven't heard anything about him but I though he came up clutch when needed. Just what you want from a #2.

Coaching - I could put this in all three categories but ultimately after falling flat in the first half to 3/4 they realised their mistakes, made adjustments and the 4th quarter we shone. I though we went for the right 4th down though we didn't get it and were correct to take the burn clock and kick a FG route at the end. AP is still ypoung and he's learning - there is a lot to like there for me. Getsy hopefully will take this forward and play to Minshew's strengths.

Gardner Minshew - Another one I could probably put in all three categories but ultimately when he had a bit of freedom and was able to throw deeper we came alive. We need to just let the guy play and live with the mistakes he's going to make.

The Bad

Oline - They really struggled. Miller in particular looks out of sorts and hopefully it's rust from having no pre-season and not a decline pending. Everyone on the Oline had issue today though so it's a group issue. We should have JPJ coming back soon but rarely does one guy make that much difference...........

Run Game - Goes hand in hand with the Oline. I'm not exactly sure but may be we need to change it up a little, White is not a patient runner who can spot the holes and cut and juke, he's a big, powerful back that needs to go North/South and maybe more power runs would suit? I'm no expert and it could be just the Oline getting manhandlesd by a very good Ravens front 7.

Tackling - We fell off far too many tackles I thought and it seemed like Epps, Moehrig and Deablo were the biggest culprits.

Knee jerk reactions in the game day thread as usual 😁

The Ugly

Win Ugly Baby! :)

• Like 5

I can't find an update, but I doubt it has changed much: from 2000-2018, Raiders had a .216 win percentage in East coast 1 pm games, worst in the league. 

AP made the right move getting them practicing this week on east coast time. He now has wins over Jackson/Ravens and Mahomes/Chiefs, both on the road (and we are still the last team to have beaten the Chiefs). 

• Like 2

I hate hate hate losing to the Chargers. It's the worst thing that can happen any given year. This win on the Ravens was massive after the week 1 loss. I went from depressed on our outlook to thinking we have a real shot at being 5-1 (Panthers, Browns, Broncos and Steelers are next four). Great feeling. Minshew is how I thought. Limited, but fun and emotional. He's a fit, not ideal, but he's a Raider who can win and not waste elite talents around him. I was concerned, not long term, but with the potential of Brock Bowers starting his career off against Derwin James followed by Kyle Hamilton... instead Brock Bowers has started off one of the best starts to a TE career ever. Who is going to stop Bowers? I wish we had more successful resources added to our OL, and that departing pick of Alex Leatherwood over Christian Darrisaw could be the type of difference between us having a fun season and an incredibly special season. Jack Jones was the man yesterday. Maxx is Maxx and he can be our DPOY even if the rest of the league thinks he's a tier below that conversation. Hype. Let's go I'm so happy with Pierce he's not the coach for anyone else, but he's such a fit for us. Let him grow with his misfits and discipline them and we will find ways to win.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Have to tip the cap to Minshew. He was rightfully panned after week 1. Showed resilience and poise leading a comeback. If he can simply find rhythm with Adams and Bowers the way he is starting, they can get this thing going a little. That is, if the Oline can protect for him.

Praying they keep the Adams bowers connection flowing next week. 
Would be such a classic let down raider game. We need to beat Car, I’ll take an ugly win I don’t care, just need to win.

i think bowers has another big week against Car. . . Then we smack Cle with Mayer against their 2nd coverage lb with no safety help as they concerned about Brock. 

a man can dream right? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Praying they keep the Adams bowers connection flowing next week. 
Would be such a classic let down raider game. We need to beat Car, I’ll take an ugly win I don’t care, just need to win.

i think bowers has another big week against Car. . . Then we smack Cle with Mayer against their 2nd coverage lb with no safety help as they concerned about Brock. 

a man can dream right? 

The classic Raider letdown is unfortunately part of the greatest hits catalog. I don’t even want to picture it considering BY will be in the XFL sooner than later 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

To inject my usual positivity, Epps and Deablo are carving a great path off this team. At this rate, Pola Mao/the LB's should get more run.

Yeah Epps is limited. I appreciate his efforts. He's an intangibles guy who coaches love and can help organize the secondary, but yea, Pola Mao going to be a starter next year.

15 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

The classic Raider letdown is unfortunately part of the greatest hits catalog. I don’t even want to picture it considering BY will be in the XFL sooner than later 

We were clearly motivated being 10 point underdogs.

hopefully AP is now telling them, Car is going to have that motivation. 
These are still professional players, who’ve been blown out back to back weeks. 

Need to get on them early so they hopefully cave in. You let them hang around, and who knows what happens.

AP being a player, should and I think does know this, anyone can beat anyone. Do not overlook them. 
Do not slow down if we are up 10 at half, keep attacking. 

• Like 1