TNF Week 4: Dallas Cowboys (1-2) @ New York Giants (1-2)

notthatbluestuff

Who wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • NY Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2024 at 12:15 AM

7 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

The more i watch the giants games, the more this is becoming apparent. The red zone play calling tonight was pathetic. But it’s easy to just slander Jones.

Jones is a backup level quarterback. He has shown this, consistently, in every season we've started him but one.

But it is about time for a reckoning on Daboll's play calling. That, I agree with. If you're an offensive-minded HC and the plays aren't working, you can only hide behind the OC for so long before people start looking at you.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Me 

Because you think it's really on Jones, or because it'll be quicker for Mara to accept Daboll isn't the guy if he fails with his QB?

DJ is terrible, but the parts/system around him are worse than before

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

No one's "slandering" Jones. He's a backup level quarterback. He has shown this, consistently, in every season we've started him but one.

But it is about time for a reckoning on Daboll's play calling. That, I agree with. If you're an offensive-minded HC and the plays aren't working, you can only hide behind the OC for so long before people start looking at you.

Schoen is the one who should be accountable. He’s had numerous big whiffs and add Wandale to the list 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Maybe not draft Kadarius Toney in the first or Wandale Robinson in the 2nd or Jalin Hyatt in the 3rd and get subpar production out of that investment

The regime didn't draft Toney. To their credit they knew he was a moron and drafted Robinson to replace him in the slot. It's not like Robinson is terrible or anything, tonight's drop notwithstanding. This should be his first full healthy season, and it's hard to be a slot WR on a team that can't stretch the field. Is he Pickens? No, but he's OK.

Hyatt is a third round pick who has shown promise when Jones wasn't on the field. It feels silly to cry over a 90-something pick not producing in his second year.

As for the running backs? They've taken a couple crappy running backs in the 5th or later to play special teams because Saquon was the bellcow. Tracy is a 5th rounder who has played a grand total of 4 games so it's stupid to include him in a list of busts by the regime.

And Nabers is stud, despite the fact that he has ironically cost us two chances to win with drops.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

Watched the whole game.

It was ugly.

Flag fest, play not to lose mentality from both teams.

Giants will probably have a top 5 pick. Probably anywhere from 3-14 to 6-11

Dallas will probably be anywhere from 6-11 to 8-9.

I don't think either team is very good. Just my impression.

NFC East is gonna be either Philly or Washington. With the other in the WC.

That's all I got.

• Like 1

Daniel Jones will never ever keep his eyes down the field when things are crumbling around him. He cannot escape the pressure if it’s closing in, so he might as well TRY and pick out a last gasp through (like all the good QBs do). 

Keep your eyes down the field ffs. Nabers was wide open on one of Daniel Jones’s little hikes away from pressure where he eventually got sacked anyway

8 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but the modern WCO is killing any entertainment value. I'm sick of every QB going 25 for 30 for 220 yards. Even Mahomes is kind of boring now.

You can blame defenses playing shell coverage for that.

• Like 1