Week 4 GDT - Denver at New York Jets

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, MontanaBronco said:

One thing that Nix does that is incredibly frustrating is progress through reads and immediately take the check down if nothing is open right away. Multiple plays with extremely clean pockets where he just needs to chill out and see if something develops.

Good info! On highlights I've noticed he has a lot of great pockets. Wasn't sure how common that was. I do notice he doesn't get hit much.

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

If you remember how awful Strnad looked in 2021, he has come a long way. We didn’t miss Singleton a bit today.

I remember how awful strnad was and he had a great game today, but I think the singleton injury is still a blow. Hope I'm wrong and one of the LBs tears it up

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

This team is so exciting going forward because I do think this defense is legit, I also think Nix will only get better, and we will see better days from the offense.

Our D and both lines are legit. I'm finally convinced. Bo has to step up, soon. 

I think this confirms our defense is top5 in this league. It was truly amazing to see despite such an ugly game.

Strange in the main forum seeing HOW MANY Nix haters there are in there..especially from Washington (i guess that makes sense) and Buffalo. Don't get me wrong he played the worst he's played today upon first glance, but my god, we don't even know who he is yet.

Definitely reverted to passes behind the lines but also on some of those long ones, our dudes just dropped it but were decent balls. I'm still very curious to see how he progresses through the season

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

In that weather, nothing was going to matter but the win.

2-2 and a fantastic road stint.

Wonder when the last time we won two 1pm EST games in a row was?

25 years ago?

12 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

It cannot be understated how awesome the defense has been under VJ this year. Really has faith in the secondary in a lot of those zero blitz/exotic packages. 

You mean "overstated" but I agree. They're really starting to hit their stride. Right now our defense and ST's are definitely playoff caliber.

• Like 2

This is my opinion, and I could be wrong.  But it seems like the focus over the last two years has been really to developer the trenches.  Once the Russ money is off the books, I fully expect the Broncos to start obtaining marquee-skill players to put around Bo.  

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Not sure about the EST games but it was in the PFM era when we won two road games. And really it was 2-1 road games, we played PIT here

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MontanaBronco said:

Quickly souring on Sean Payton

Wondering why ? Nix is proving him right with that selection, he's developing quicker than most thought. As for the offense, we have ZERO at the TE position, the WR's (even Sutton) hasn't really been on the plus side, and the RBs have been below par for the season so far. Yes, our D and ST have been responsible for giving us these two wins, but given the lack of playmakers on offense, I feel he's got us on the right track, which is more than I can say for the last THREE head coaches we've had

Edited by Cutler06

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

3 of the 4 first four games on the road against really good defenses, with a rookie QB..this could be a lot worse.  

• Like 1