Week 5: VIKINGS (4-0) vs. Jets (2-2)

swede700

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Will the Thrill is perfect this year - he looks like an absolute hit when most draft value analysts had told us that this was a bad pick.

They timed that pick perfectly and started the kicker run didn't they?

How are the other rookie kickers doing?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

@viking @wcblack34 - I’m going to be in London in 2 weeks - is there a Vikings pub where I can go watch the game vs. the Lions?

Not sure about that. I know they had some for the game today. Not sure if they’re always that way though. I came expressly for the game, fútbol, and to see the countryside. So I didn’t spend too much time in the pubs. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

https://www.vikings.com/video/kevin-oconnell-locker-room-speech-jets-london

Locker room speech by KOC

talked about how sometimes you get a sloppy game... overcoming adversity...

game balls to:
Reichard 
"every single player and coach on defense, hell of a game for everybody."

KOC; "Five up, five down. Enjoy your bye week."

But not too much

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Will the Thrill is perfect this year - he looks like an absolute hit when most draft value analysts had told us that this was a bad pick.

He's been totally impressive, but until we get past a Jim Nance jinx, there'll always be a hitch in my breath during the snap.  

You know that jinx . . . "Gary Anderson lines up for a 39 yard kick.   He's been perfect all year . . . "  or "Blair Walsh, the rookie record holder sets up . . . "

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic right now, but he'll miss at some point.   Hopefully it's when we're up 27 points in the 3rd.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/can-t-miss-play-63-yard-pick-six-andrew-van-ginkel-reads-rodgers-eyes-for-2024-s-first-td-in-london

Van Gink's TD interception.

you'd think opposing QB's would know right now he waits for those to happen. it's not like he's invisible.

avg.jpg

Even if Gink doesn't pick it, It looks like the CB had a really good break on the ball too. Could've been a pick six by him too. Really rough decision by Rodgers there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MIZ-Viking2293 said:

It'd be really nice to have Hock for this game.

ABSOLUTELY!!!  Having short passing game targets in BOTH Hockenson AND Jones for outlets, while also having Jefferson and Addison drawing double coverage, will have SOMEBODY wide open that Darnold CAN'T miss!  How ewill opponents stop THAT????

Per his wife’s instagram, Will the Thrill only got 4 hours of sleep the night before the game trying to adjust to the new time zone.

Still locked in when it mattered. One of four kickers that hasn’t missed a kick (FGs and XPs combined) and of those 4 he:

is tied for the most attempts (25)
is tied for the most 50+ yard FG attempts
has the longest made FG (58 yards)

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2