Raiders WR Davante Adams requests trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Raiders would sit him out. Not doing that. 

I don't think Antonio Pierce is sitting him. He likely "takes the best offer" rather than digging in his heels. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd vomit. At the price just keep him to be an A+ target for our eventual rookie QB next year. 

Again, Antonio Pierce needs to clear the air before keeping him on the roster becomes a possibility.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Nah, it'll be a two at least, I'm pretty sure. 

The only way this happens, IMO, is if there is a bidding war. That is not an indication of talent, but circumstance. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Jets, Commanders, Steelers or Pats imo.

Don’t see the Commanders.  If Peters wasn’t willing to deal the picks necessary for a 26 year old Aiyuk, someone he was familiar with by being in the same organization, I don’t think he’s giving up the picks for an almost 32 year old Adams.  It doesn’t fit the MO of the front office to this point.  

The Commanders have a ton of cap, and they’ll make a play for a #1/#2 in FA this off-season, but they aren’t giving up anything more than the third round pick they got from the Eagles for Jahan Dotson, and even then, I don’t think it’s for a player who is nearly 32.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think "at least" is pretty rich for a soon-to-be 32-year old receiver with a hefty contract. I think a conditional 3rd and possibly a 5th would be about what they get out of this. 

His contract is a non factor. 

Diggs got a second earlier this year as a rental with the Texans giving up their right to a comp pick. 

Julio got a second and a 4th, I think

Maybe the "list of teams" impacts the value, but largely depends on strict that is. 

No team in the AFC should be unwilling to offer their second for Adams, especially since the market may be more heavily based in the afc than the NFC. Joe Douglas should not give two craps about a future second round pick he may not be around to use. Buffalo and Baltimore should be looking at a potentially vulnerable KC team and going for it. 

There may be some fodder beyond that....maybe it's Adams + 4th for a second + fifth or something like that. All kind of the same. Negligible fodder value that doesn't really change the value of the trade. 

40 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The only way this happens, IMO, is if there is a bidding war. That is not an indication of talent, but circumstance. 

Trade deadlines seldom suppress value, imo. 

Deadline wide receivers in the last 5 or 6 years include

Chase Claypool for an early second (this is not really comparable because Claypool was on a rookie deal with an extra year left, but including it as a deadline deal)

Mo Sanu - second round pick (had one more year after current)

Manny Sanders - 3rd & 4th (rental)

Golden Tate - 3rd (rental) 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

His contract is a non factor. 

Diggs got a second earlier this year as a rental with the Texans giving up their right to a comp pick. 

Julio got a second and a 4th, I think

Maybe the "list of teams" impacts the value, but largely depends on strict that is. 

No team in the AFC should be unwilling to offer their second for Adams, especially since the market may be more heavily based in the afc than the NFC. Joe Douglas should not give two craps about a future second round pick he may not be around to use. Buffalo and Baltimore should be looking at a potentially vulnerable KC team and going for it. 

There may be some fodder beyond that....maybe it's Adams + 4th for a second + fifth or something like that. All kind of the same. Negligible fodder value that doesn't really change the value of the trade. 

Chase Claypool for an early second (this is not really comparable because Claypool was on a rookie deal with an extra year left, but including it as a deadline deal)

diggs is 30 not 32 and makes less money

24 mil Vs 32 mil 

Edited by Vladimir L

These are good comparisons. None of the WRs are on the level of Adams. They might make it as high as a 2nd, but I think it's either or, either value of picks that equal a 2nd or an outright 2nd and nothing else. 

3 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

diggs is 30 not 32 and makes less money

24 mil Vs 32 mil 

He's also not as good. 

Also, Adams makes 13 million this year for whoever acquires him, not 32. His salary is 36 next year, but I doubt he's seeing that for whoever acquires him. it's a non factor for acquiring him this year since it's not guaranteed. 

He's also not as good. 

Also, Adams makes 13 million this year for whoever acquires him, not 32. His salary is 36 next year, but I doubt he's seeing that for whoever acquires him. it's a non factor for acquiring him this year since it's not guaranteed. 

Raiders beat guy said his deal will be completely reworked for the team acquiring him.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Raiders beat guy said his deal will be completely reworked for the team acquiring him.

To be expected. 

One of two things happens - they just lop off the remaining two years and Adams becomes a ufa next year. This is basically what the Texans did with Diggs. 

Or he and the acquiring team rework the money and guarantees moving forward (likely via an extension to lessen the cap hits, though possible they could just add void years to the current deal). 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's also not as good. 

Packers have over $14 Million in cap space 👀

• Like 2