NFL Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This would be a good situation for Ben Johnson.  But it’s also unclear what exactly he is looking for in a job, since he backed out of the Washington job while they were flying to him, and it also appears he didn’t proceed with the Seahawks after his initial interview.

So a new GM in a GM-centric role (but with a new owner) and a long-term, entrenched GM.  So either he’s looking for some level of personnel control, or……I’m at a loss for what else it could be.  Maybe an established QB?   

If I were to guess 

he probably wants a job like Buffalo or cincy

essentially Josh Allen or burrow

He’s used to calling offense for a team with talent everywhere so he probably wants to be set up for success

seattle and Washington weren’t that on paper

id want him in Philly but I could see Buffalo as his likely spot. Quiet media, top 3 QB

phillys best bet is AJ brown, devonta and saquon with the offensive line which is still great is appealing but Jalen hurts is the least appealing QB of that bunch unless he believes he can right that ship

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Panthers on pace to give up 575 points this year

Which would make them the worst defense of all time, at 33.8ppg vs 33.3 given up by the 1981 Baltimore Colts (who could at least claim to be in a pre salary cap era with much less parity). 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

You are firmly in Super Bowl contention. Losing Hutch is huge. You push all the chips in to go for the title.

Plus, it looks like at least a 10-12 month rehab in which you have no idea how Hutch comes out the other end.

If they're serious about this year, then a trade has to be in the works.

• Like 1