NFL Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

27 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The coaching upgrade in Atlanta is not insignificant.

Raheem Morris is a good dude.  He got his first HC gig entirely too early, but has spent time coaching with and learning from a variety of different coaches with different backgrounds.  The results here are early, but also prosming. 

27 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

If only they had the ability to draft one this year.

What so we could throw out any of

Dallas Turner  -  4 Tackles  1 Sack
Jarred Verse -  14 Tackles 1 Sack
Laiatu Latu - 5 Tackles  1 Sack

Yeah that would have tremendously changed our pass rush right now lol. 

I'll still gladly use 1 pick on a top 3 QB in the draft when he falls to me and let him learn for a year or 2 under a smart QB thats quite old.    Than have to do what the Panthers did with Young and trade up from the 20's with multiple 1st's multiple 2nd's and a vet player like DJ Moore.    I can easily use all that draft capital and players to go find a edge rusher much easier than finding a QB of the future. 

Also this is not a knock on any of those 3 guys i still liked them in the draft although i liked Latu and Verse more than Turner for sure.  But none of those 3 would help our pass rush right now.    We actually drafted a edge rusher i liked better than Turner as well in round 3 with Bralen Trice he just got injured in Tc or PS for the year sadly.    I actually liked Turners bama teammate better than him coming out as well i thought he was much more polished with technique.    So far none of the highly touted edges has showed much this season so far.   But they still got some nice ceilings.

Edited by FalconFan13

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Raheem Morris is a good dude.  He got his first HC gig entirely too early, but has spent time coaching with and learning from a variety of different coaches with different backgrounds.  The results here are early, but also prosming. 

Listen, the only difference is McVay. It’s no surprised. The culture he builds is what sets him apart. It’s different from the old ways. The connections he makes with staff and ownership are next level. He’s talked about that being a huge difference. He said he would never talk to his GM in Tampa before. He said everything was done in secret. 
He’s also more into the offense than before because they go hand in hand. 

He goes hard for players who go hard for him. That everyone and anyone can win spot just compete. Nothing is based off pay. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Listen, the only difference is McVay. It’s no surprised. The culture he builds is what sets him apart. It’s different from the old ways. The connections he makes with staff and ownership are next level. He’s talked about that being a huge difference. He said he would never talk to his GM in Tampa before. He said everything was done in secret. 
He’s also more into the offense than before because they go hand in hand. 

He goes hard for players who go hard for him. That everyone and anyone can win spot just compete. Nothing is based off pay. 

Time spent with Mike and Kyle Shanahan doesn’t hurt, along with the time in Atlanta with Quinn and the younger Shanahan.  McVay also learned that culture from Mike Shanahan.  It’s a shame that Mike Shanahan brought Bruce Allen to Washington, as that was the impetus for him ultimately getting fired after Allen gained Snyder’s confidence.  

32 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Time spent with Mike and Kyle Shanahan doesn’t hurt, along with the time in Atlanta with Quinn and the younger Shanahan.  McVay also learned that culture from Mike Shanahan.  It’s a shame that Mike Shanahan brought Bruce Allen to Washington, as that was the impetus for him ultimately getting fired after Allen gained Snyder’s confidence.  

Not at all. They are different in many ways. 

Kyle hates rookies and doesn’t trust them. Kyle still has his dad running the show for him. It’s been known for a while. Kyle never ever plays rookies. It’s one of his biggest downfalls imo. 

Who would have taken the odds that the top 3 playoff teams in the nfc after week 6.  Would be Minny, Falcons, and Commanders.   All 3 teams that Kirko played for thats pretty funny.   Lions at 4-1 would ofcourse be the 2nd best team record wise but they can only be 5th in playoff standings bc of minny.

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

What about Reddick to the Lions? Unlike Crosby it's actually realistic and he wouldn't cost nearly as much financially either.

How effective is Reddick going to be coming off the couch after he missed all OTA, TC, and has sat out the first 6 weeks? If the Lions trade for him is he magically going to be okay to play without a new contract?