Trade Deadline Discussion

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, jleisher said:

What about a Maxx Crosby trade?  Packers send Malik Heath WR, Quay Walker LB, Devonta Wyatt DE and picks #55 2025 draft and 4th round pick in 2026 for Crosby DE and Daniel Carlson K.  I know, wishful thinking, but can all dream.

a maxx crosby trade would be a 1st round pick and a WR and probably a second draft pick swap like a 2nd for a 3rd.

Otherwise I think it's both too complicated and LV is gonna laugh off your offer.

I'm just not sure why the Raiders would want to trade Crosby unless you blow the doors off with an offer.  Like their reason for trading Adams was "he didn't want to be there" since he's a 31-year old WR on a team without a QB.  The Raiders are presumably going to add a QB in the draft next year, and one of the ways you help out a young QB is "with a good defense."

Like Crosby is under contract until 2026, so if I'm Vegas the asking price is "two #1 picks."

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

What about a Maxx Crosby trade?  Packers send Malik Heath WR, Quay Walker LB, Devonta Wyatt DE and picks #55 2025 draft and 4th round pick in 2026 for Crosby DE and Daniel Carlson K.  I know, wishful thinking, but can all dream.

how sure are we that Crosby's next 3-4 years at his contract are more valuable than Wyatt's next 3-4 years at his contract?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

how sure are we that Crosby's next 3-4 years at his contract are more valuable than Wyatt's next 3-4 years at his contract?

yeah Wyatt is one guy on the defense I really wouldn't want to lose.  

More I think about it, CB is the move the Packers need to make. Likely not going to get a pass rusher who can make a difference without giving up a lot. We are paper thin at CB. Stokes can't be out there (frankly I'd try to deal him) and JA and Valentine have injury concerns. Getting another No. 2-3 CB would be huge. 

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

Since there’s no thumbs down I’ll reply. Are you kidding!  Wyatt is our most consistent IDL pass rusher. Plus Quay, who’s still a starting ILB, a second and. 4th rounder along with a WR who would be in their top 4. For Crosby and a kicker no better than what we now have?

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

a maxx crosby trade would be a 1st round pick and a WR and probably a second draft pick swap like a 2nd for a 3rd.

Otherwise I think it's both too complicated and LV is gonna laugh off your offer.

That’s top end QB offer. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

More I think about it, CB is the move the Packers need to make. Likely not going to get a pass rusher who can make a difference without giving up a lot. We are paper thin at CB. Stokes can't be out there (frankly I'd try to deal him) and JA and Valentine have injury concerns. Getting another No. 2-3 CB would be huge. 

With Bullard at the slot it's not really a need anymore. Valentine got no snaps last week, we would just be adding another guy to not play. Like it or not, the staff loves Nixon.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I still want a kicker.

We got a kicker Fuss.  A real kicker.  Vet he should do just fine.  Lucky to get him at this point in the season.  Kicker woes should be over at least for this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm just not sure why the Raiders would want to trade Crosby unless you blow the doors off with an offer.  Like their reason for trading Adams was "he didn't want to be there" since he's a 31-year old WR on a team without a QB.  The Raiders are presumably going to add a QB in the draft next year, and one of the ways you help out a young QB is "with a good defense."

Like Crosby is under contract until 2026, so if I'm Vegas the asking price is "two #1 picks."

Pretty much.  The asking price starts with 2 FRPs, and works from there.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much.  The asking price starts with 2 FRPs, and works from there.

I suspect that the Packers, since they're hosting the 2025 draft, are not interested in parting ways with their first that year.  Like if Cleveland called and said "we'll give you Myles Garrett for your 2025 FRP" the Packers would have to think about it for a while.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Khalil mack was traded for 2x 1sts and a trade down from the 2nd to the 3rd.

That's the price you'd have to pay to get a premier pass rusher.

I thought about that after my post but man, that turned out terrible for the Bears and should give every team pause.