Trade Deadline Discussion

Packerraymond

The Packers aren't going to be trading away their first round pick well in advance of the draft that they host, anyway.

They're probably not willing to part with a 2 either, and a 3 would be pushing it (they would want to get back a 3 moving around with one of the other two picks.)

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'm trying to think of a position I'd trade for right now and am coming up blank other than kicker.

Maybe front 4 or CB?

Kicker seems like an option.   EDGE/DL has players that should be more productive than they have been, so not sure if the team would see it as a needing an addition from the outside or an improvement from within. 

Gary/Preston/LVN/Enagbare is a group that GB has invested either cap space or draft capital in to an extent where it might be hard to put more resources there.  

DL might be a bigger need, but Wyatt should be coming back from his injury soon to add a boost there.  Need Clark/Slaton/Brooks to pick it up

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

Kicker seems like an option.   EDGE/DL has players that should be more productive than they have been, so not sure if the team would see it as a needing an addition from the outside or an improvement from within. 

Gary/Preston/LVN/Enagbare is a group that GB has invested either cap space or draft capital in to an extent where it might be hard to put more resources there.  

DL might be a bigger need, but Wyatt should be coming back from his injury soon to add a boost there.  Need Clark/Slaton/Brooks to pick it up

Clark and Brooks both played better this week. I agree when Wyatt comes back it's not the most pressing need. 

If anybody hasn't figured out, we need a better pass rush they aren't really watching. I'd love the luxury of another offensive lineman who is competent, but that is being greedy.

We need somebody who can get consistent pressure on the QB. Maxx Crosby is my guy, but he'll be expensive. 

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm trying to think of a position I'd trade for right now and am coming up blank other than kicker.

Maybe front 4 or CB?

Your CBs get better if we are getting pressure a lot sooner and with more consistency than we have gotten so far this year. 

Of course kicker but no one has a proven kicker to spare. SF and AZ have back up kickers at the moment. If their regular guys get back we can try to poach those guys or someone else’s PS but they will all be as proven as Naverson. We either find a hidden gem, or the guys we have already get better. This has as ready bitten us and really could be a problem in a close game.

I wouldn’t be upset about some interior OL depth. We have young guys developing but a steady presence at guard could really stabilize things if we get hit hard there. Morgan being back today means that is not an urgent need right now. 

Good points made about adding some help in the defensive line, and finding a steady kicker would be a great upgrade. Maybe it's just me, but I can't overlook how often Quay Walker takes himself out of position by making bad run fit choices. Suggestions like moving him to weakside linebacker or even Edge make real sense to me. Could be we already have a good MLB in Cooper, once he learns more about the pro game. But if a decent middle linebacker with good instincts is available, I think a deal is in order.

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Which would mean more McDuffie, no thanks! 

Watching Cooper you can see as a rookie that this guy has it. He makes plays, he is present, Quay just ain't it. Seriously Krys Barnes looked better yesterday than Quay.

I mean Devin White is a free agent now...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We don't have room for Gary and Crosby as far as cash goes.

We don't need a move that drastic either. Depending on Tua's health long-term and what this season turns into for Miami, Calais Campbell would be an amazing addition to this team.

How old is Campbell and is he really a difference maker still? I do like the idea of adding to the IDL to get more pressure up the middle though. 

Quay and a late round pick for x?x, a stud MLB could take this D over the top… who’s that?

Edited by MantyWrestler