Road to the Superbowl (Playoff Thread)

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Rams resting starters to avoid the Vikings and get the #4 seed.

Believe it?

Maybe that plays a little bit factored into the decision. However, I think it's more about health. Plus, you might be hosting a game, but I'd rather play either Seahawks/Falcons than I would either the Saints or the Panthers.

33 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Maybe that plays a little bit factored into the decision. However, I think it's more about health. Plus, you might be hosting a game, but I'd rather play either Seahawks/Falcons than I would either the Saints or the Panthers.

Agreed.  They'd have to get by the Saints or Panthers first, which is a lot more difficult, plus I can't believe they'd potentially want to face the Seahawks a third time.  It's about health...they want to give their starters a pseudo bye before the playoffs begin.  

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I believe I saw a stat that no team with the potential to host the game has made it to the conference championship....but no team has been as good as we are either. I think the best record for those teams was 10-6 or 11-5.

I have to say, the amount of disrespect I see given towards our offense is rather crazy. Top 10 offense in the league, with a quarterback that is putting up top 10 numbers, yet people act like he's a liability. 

People have counted Keenem out his whole life, I believe he's going to keep proving people wrong. 

7 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I have to say, the amount of disrespect I see given towards our offense is rather crazy. Top 10 offense in the league, with a quarterback that is putting up top 10 numbers, yet people act like he's a liability. 

People have counted Keenem out his whole life, I believe he's going to keep proving people wrong. 

It's just easy to do that when the rest of the league has seen how bad Case has been in the past. Some also has to do with National Media. We aren't stuffed into that National Media scene as much and nobody can actually see this team work.

Our offense is still a bunch of no names. UDFA QB who struggled in the past, Latavius Murray who isn't really a spotlight player in his career and was a 6th round pick, McKinnon a 3rd round pick who hasn't ever put up big numbers, UDFA Adam Thielen who is dynamic, but right now he is just a feel good story to the NFL, Diggs a 5th round pick that exploded on the scene but has been injured this year and didn't put up huge numbers, and Rudolph who is another just quiet player.

Honestly our most "known" player on our offense is Michael Floyd because of the past Kombucha Violation, and being partners in crime with Larry Fitz back in the day and he rarely plays.

The two biggest things in the media we have been involved in is Teddy is back, and now it is Sam is back, while we quietly keep plugging away.

I like it that way. Keep this monster quiet for a bit longer, until the time is right, and we can explode out from the darkness.

I want to see the Saints in the NFCCG.  We have some unfinished business with that head coach and franchise.  There may not be many players left on either team who were playing back in 2009, but the fans in Minnesota sure haven't forgotten.  When Sean Payton comes into US Bank Stadium, he will find out what it means to play in a hostile environment.  I'm not saying that I want the Vikings defense to hurt Brees or anything like that.  I just want Payton to know that what he did has not been forgotten.  I want to see the fans get as loud as they have ever gotten when his offense takes the field. 

On another note, if we were fortunate enough to make it all the way to the Super Bowl, I've heard that the NFC team will be the visitor this year, so even though we would be playing in our stadium, we would have to wear the white jerseys.

Archived