Packers sign McManus, hoping to solve kicking woes.

Refugee

it’s been a roller coaster since Crosby who provided his own drama from time to time. If this guy can make the routine kicks, not too many people will be asking about his past. Let’s just not be a liability. Probably had to make this move asap with so many kicking issues in the current NFL. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Then he should have signed with the Jets.

Omg I just realized that he signed with the PACKERS not Jets. Wow...Rodgers and Packers permanently combined in my brain 😅

He will be good for you guys. I remember during the Rams game where it seemed like Lafleur was gonna go for it on 4th downs because he couldn't trust your kicker to make a 40 yarder

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I doubt he's going to be the Packers' kicker long-term, but any time the guy you had in house leads the league in "missed field goals" you kind of have to do stuff like this.

If he is icing everything <47 and beats the rap in court and the court of public opinion, really no reason to cut him. Let’s just see the season play out but I’d be pretty happy not shifting the game plan and especially our 2 min offense because a moderate fg is not dependable. Lambeau is not an easy place to kick and will get harder every week this season but if he can be league average, that’s still a huge upgrade. Our offense is dangerous enough that we don’t have to settle for 3s but sometimes you need one.