Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

From what I saw?  Yes.  He and Duff were looking really slow to diagnose and get to their spots in the run game.

Also?  It wasn't like we were giving them any help with run blitzes or loaded boxes too often.  We were clearly playing pass to see if they had it in them to stay with the run.

But Wilson in coverage looked like a double plus to me.  His drops were beautiful and he really knew what was going on behind him in terms of routes and coverage help.  It was a thing of beauty.

Wilson absolutely blew up the stat sheet, too. 

Had no idea he had that sort of game in him. Was REALLY exciting to think about what a Cooper/Wilson  LB duo could look like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This is a bull**** article but it has the snap count for our rookie defenders. 

Packers Must Trade Player Coaching Staff Has Already Phased Out Ahead of Deadline

You can find the snap counts on:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/  and not have to deal with click-bait articles.  

For example, when looking at the Packers-Texans game, you can see that former Packers draft pick Ka'dar Hollman played 24 special teams snaps for the Texans.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202410200gnb.htm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Wilson absolutely blew up the stat sheet, too. 

Had no idea he had that sort of game in him. Was REALLY exciting to think about what a Cooper/Wilson  LB duo could look like.

I won't pretend to be the LB expert of the world, but I don't know why Wilson hasn't been a starter or at least seen more playing time, in the league.  To my eye, he is at least average, and we have seen plenty of poor LBs league wide since he has been in the league.  He started 15 games for the Vikings in 2020 and had 122 tackles.  The next season, he played in 7 games for Philly with 2 starts and 7 games with Houston with zero stats.  I'm not saying he is the second coming of **** Butkus, but there has to be a use for a player like him, right?

Or maybe more exposure to McDuffie and Wilson will sour us on their ability.  But when they come in off the bench and have a solid game, we get over excited.  

16 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I've been critical of Nixon, but that guy came to PLAY!  He may be better as a boundary corner than he is a slot corner.

How huge would that be if he can take over the boundary going fwd?  Bullard at the slot. Williams next to X.  Secondary looking sharp!

14 hours ago, DannyB said:

Fully agree. If the Packers play perfect, mistake-free football for a multi game stretch in the postseason, we'll win the super bowl.

I'm sure fans of the Chiefs, Vikings, lions, Bucs, Ravens and Bills all feel the same way

Okay. 

14 hours ago, vegas492 said:

When healthy they have....

One of the best o-lines in the NFL.  Could be the best, if not best, I'd say top 3.

Top flight TE.

Top flight WR in St. Brown.  Unreal vertical threat in Williams.

But really it is their line that makes it all look so easy.

They have a very good offense . I wouldn’t put them as one of the best I’ve ever seen though where they’re unstoppable. 

We have a higher upside as an offense. 

• Like 1

I think we should pump the brakes on Wilson. The guy has been terrible prior to the one half of solid football he put on tape against the Texans. He's solid on special teams for sure. He's Jared Bush, but at least Bush put up his half in the Super Bowl. 

Thinking he's a starting NFL linebacker is a joke. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Winning the NFC-N will be huge.  Getting DET/MIN in Lambeau for the playoffs is a clear advantage.

I'm not so sure of that. 

This team is built for speed. We might actually fair better in a dome.

9 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I'm not so sure of that. 

This team is built for speed. We might actually fair better in a dome.

You think GB would benefit from playing in a dome more than teams like MIN/DET/ATL would?  I don't think so.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You think GB would benefit from playing in a dome more than teams like MIN/DET/ATL would?  I don't think so.

I don't think anybody benefits from playing in a dome. Dome means artificial turf, which leads to severe leg injuries happening more often. 

All domes should have to be retractable so they can play all games on natural grass. 

The Premier League in soccer is all natural grass fields. The players demand it. 

The NFL acting like they care about player safety is like allowing the clowns at kids' birthday parties to be pedophiles. 

Edited by Old Guy

16 hours ago, DannyB said:

I’m not being cute, I mean this in good faith: can you link some examples? Or let me know a good batch of footage to watch? I’d genuinely love to see it.

And I’m not saying just, strong, hard throws. I know he can throw fireballs with proper mechanics. I’m talking about high power, high velocity throws where the strength is being generated solely from his arm

Did you not see the TD to Reed in the right flat/sideline two games ago?  If that isn't a missile, it's a pick 6 going the other way.

Or the Kraft TD this past weekend?

Lazers.

If you watch old Favre stuff, he loaded up to zing passes.  Love doesn't load up like that and he's still throwing absolute missiles out there.

Like, me and a few others here are not the only ones saying this.  I heard Kirwan and Mueller talking about Love's arm talent yesterday on Sirius XM.  Elite.  Can make every throw.  But he needs to be more careful with the ball.

• Like 1