Landon Collins calls Eli Apple a "cancer"

Oregon Ducks

I'm actually very worried for Apple. God knows what he's going thru and why he's acting the way he is (we don't even know what he's done).

It's one thing if he's an outed jerk, but he was a seemingly nice kid just a year ago and his mom is sick. I just don't want to see a downward spiral like that Lions receiver a few years back.

1 hour ago, Dingo18287 said:

Doesn't help that they're losing, but I'm sure there is some truth to it. Has Eli Apple done anything besides be a headache since being drafted? I can recall him having issues since his rookie season. 

His play was up and down his rookie season. The only off-the-field troubles were his mother being "outspoken" about Josh Brown.

Also I think he was in the news during the combine for getting asked inappropriate questions about his sexuality. And something about cooking...

Well, we all want him to get well, and succeed. Here's a good link for him:

https://support.apple.com

-All kidding aside, he's a long athletic CB on whom the Giants spent a first-round pick (after having other teams leapfrog them for Leonard Floyd and Jack Conklin, Jerry Reese having oafishly tipped his hand). I'll be shocked if they cut him. I would think they'd make every effort at a salvage operation first. They have to sit him out the last game, who cares? But, after the season's over, prehaps the new incoming regime will see if they can help the kid out, and turn him into the cornerback his physical abilities say he should be.

Welcome to Apple Support

We’re here to 

Welcome to Apple Support

We’re here to help.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Love me some Landon Collins, but not a leadership move putting this out there. Not at this point in time, even if it’s true.

Agree. I'm surprised with him being taught to toe the line like Saban would have his players do, that he would step out and say something that bold.

Not saying he is wrong, but not what you want a young cornerstone of your defense saying.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/12/family_strife_at_the_root_of_giants_cb_eli_apples.html

This probably only scratches the surface, but he sounds like a really immature kid not being able to cope with family issues that go way beyond his mom's illness. Or maybe he has some sort of mental issue so I won't crucify him.

Wow, yeah. Pretty sad stuff. It sounds (on the surface, anyway) like money really changed the family dynamic.

And mom sounds like a cancer. If your own two kids turn their backs on you and stick with the step dad in the divorce, youre failing as a mom. She sounds shady as hell.

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

His play was up and down his rookie season. The only off-the-field troubles were his mother being "outspoken" about Josh Brown.

Also I think he was in the news during the combine for getting asked inappropriate questions about his sexuality. And something about cooking...

A lot of old guard guys didn't like how he came off. The accusation was about a sense of entitlement and a lack of a maturity. A few also were throwing out the "metrosexual" label.

Tim Apple, (The stepdad/father/former mentor) is a retired chef (to what skill level can be disputed) and the idea was that if somehow Eli hadn't learned how to cook, than he wasn't interested in learning anything.

Either way, the evaluation for him was pants on head retarded with the off the field stuff. 

Archived