2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

If we sign Cousins, I'm shifting my focus to the LT position. Depends on who is on the board, but I like Williams & McGlinchy so far. Adding a long term LT and signing Jensen would be great for the future of the oline and the protection of Cousins. Later, grab a RB. 

Wouldn't mind that, also wouldn't mind Chubb.  Either way LT/OLB then LT/OLB, RB in that situation.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Wouldn't mind that, also wouldn't mind Chubb.  Either way LT/OLB then LT/OLB, RB in that situation.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I want Cousins. I would go LT first as of now, OLB, and RB with our first 3 picks. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I want Cousins. I would go LT first as of now, OLB, and RB with our first 3 picks. 

I think it's going to depend on what QB's declare.  If we have pick 6 or 7 and Rosen declares, but Darnold doesn't, definitely want Cousins.  If not, there's a good chance Cleveland goes Mayfield at either 1 or 4, Giants go Rosen, and I do not want to trade up for Allen.

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I think it's going to depend on what QB's declare.  If we have pick 6 or 7 and Rosen declares, but Darnold doesn't, definitely want Cousins.  If not, there's a good chance Cleveland goes Mayfield at either 1 or 4, Giants go Rosen, and I do not want to trade up for Allen.

What's funny about the 6th pick is that we landed prospects no one expected to fall to us. Just realized this. 

I still because their jobs are tied in and both on the line, Cousins will likely be the target unless someone younger gets put on the trading block. I think if we lose out on Cousins, then we are trading up high as possible to get the best QB we can. They can't pick up another gap and non first rounder when they can both be fired after a year. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

What's funny about the 6th pick is that we landed prospects no one expected to fall to us. Just realized this. 

I still because their jobs are tied in and both on the line, Cousins will likely be the target unless someone younger gets put on the trading block. I think if we lose out on Cousins, then we are trading up high as possible to get the best QB we can. They can't pick up another gap and non first rounder when they can both be fired after a year. 

Agreed

Archived