2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades

IrishHooligan00

2018 Mock NFL Draft W/Trades n Some FA Explanations

1st - CLE - Sam Darnold - QB - USC

*Think the whole Rosen staying if Browns want him will deter them from picking him and Giants get lucky again like they did with Eli

2nd - NYG - Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA

*Giants New brass and coach draft Rosen and begin the process all over

3rd - IND - Bradley Chubb - DE/OLB - NCST

*IND needs help everywhere, Chubb BPA

***Jarvis Landry Signs w CLE in FA ($$$$$$)

4th - CLE - Saquon Barkley - RB - PSU

*Barkley, Darnold and Landry together instantly gets CLE at least 4-6 wins next year

5th - TB - Arden Key - DE/OLB - LSU

*TB needs help with Pass rush. IMO Arden Key is the top DE however this past year w/ injuries makes him drop below Chubb.

***Eli Manning Signs with Denver for 2 years

6th - DEN - Josh Allen - QB - WYO

*Denver Needs a real QB and Allen has way more potential and measurables then Mayfield.

7th - NYJ - Lamar Jackson - QB - LOU

*IMO the top QB in the draft not a pure pocket passer so falls out of top 5 as teams remember the last few Scrambling QB's

***WAS trades #14 (1st) and #79 (3rd) and #175 (6th) to SF for #8 (1st)

8th - WAS - Baker Mayfield - QB - OKLA

*With a run on QB's WAS jumps ahead of MIA/CIN after Loosing Cousins in FA

9th - CHI - Calvin Ridley - WR - BAMA

*CHI needs a WR also could go with Fitzpatrick here however you have to help your QB and Ridley fits them. 

10th - CIN - Quenton Nelson - OG - ND

*CIN needs OL Help

***DAL trades #19, #81, and 2019 6th Rounder to OAK for #11

11th - DAL - Derwin James - S - FSU

*Dallas Still has needs in the secondary, James paired up with Jones would be a formidible Safety Duo

***MIA signs Teddy Bridgewater in FA to compete against Tannehill

12th - MIA - Minkah Fitzpatrick - CB/S - BAMA

*The secondary is horrendous. 

***Sam Bradford Signs with ARZ making the QB need flexible and not forced. 

13th - ARZ - Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU

*With Fitzgerald most likely not coming back since he's a FA Sutton Fills that need for a #1 WR

14th - SF - Derius Guice - RB - LSU

*Carlos Hyde is FA and hasn't been impressive or consistent

15th - GB - Roquan Smith - ILB - Georgia

* Gives GB a top LB to pair with Clay Matthews

16th - LAC - Mike McGlinchey - OT - ND

*OT is a big area of need

17th - BUF - Vita Vea - DT - WAS

*Current DT is 34 years old and the depth behind him is not great

18th - DET - Maurice Hurst - DT - Michigan

*Need some more DL Help

19th - OAK - Harold Landry - DE/OLB - BC

*Mack needs help no other pass rushing threat on the team

20th - ATL - Christian Wilkens - DT - CLEM

* Overall team doesn't have many holes, Just aging players

21st - TEN - Denzel Ward - CB - OHST

*They have a lot of holes, pick is basically best guess Denzel Ward fits them better then Joshua Jackson

*Signs Carlos Hyde in FA

22nd - BAL - James Washington - WR - OKST

*Need Offensive weapons

23rd - SEA - Connor Williams - OT - TEX

*They need to learn to protect Wilson, Definitely need a true #1 WR as well

24th - Car - Ronnie Harrison - S - BAMA

*Another Big hitter added to the DEF

25th - BUF (KC) - Mason Rudolph - QB - OKST

*Competition for Taylor, Rudolph has a very high ceiling

26th - PIT - Rashaan Evans - ILB - BAMA

*Shazier I don't feel will be able to play football again leaving a big hole

27th - MIN - Da'Ron Payne - DT - BAMA

*Need a Big Run Stuffing DT

**Trade CLE Trades # 37(2nd), #64 (2nd) to PHI for #28

28th - CLE - Joshua Jackson - CB - Iowa

*BallHawk

*Kirk Cousins signs with JAX in FA

29th- JAX - Malik Jefferson - LB - TEX

*Pulusnzy is getting up in age and Jefferson would be a good replacement who would excel. 

30th - LAR - Jaire Alexander - CB - LOU

* IMO better then ward and has a better Man Coverage Skillset over Joshua Jackson

31st - NE - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - DE/ OLB - OKLA

*Belichick loves versatile players.

32nd - NO - Tarvarous McFadden - CB - FLST

*Very good Man/Press corner, Physical and can play jump balls well. Would be a good tandem with Lattimore

9 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

27th - MIN - Da'Ron Payne - DT - BAMA

*Need a Big Run Stuffing DT

I'd like to introduce you to Linval Joseph. A Big Run Stuffing DT.

What the Vikings need, UT. Or Offensive guard, CB, or possibly an offensive tackle.

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

I'd like to introduce you to Linval Joseph. A Big Run Stuffing DT.

What the Vikings need, UT. Or Offensive guard, CB, or possibly an offensive tackle.

and your other DT is 33 years old and not really good. Da'Ron Payne gives you a DT who can push OL and double teams like nothing. 

16 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

2nd - NYG - Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA

*Giants draft Rosen to sit behind Manning for a year or till middle of next season. 

***Eli Manning Signs with Denver for 2 years

*Denver Needs a real QB and Allen has way more potential and measurables then Mayfield.

1. ???

2. Denver already has a QB with potential and measurables.  Two in fact.  QB's with potential and measurables don't seem to be serving them well.  Not saying it won't happen, actually it might because that seems to be all they draft. 

20 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

7th - NYJ - Lamar Jackson - QB - LOU

*IMO the top QB in the draft not a pure pocket passer so falls out of top 5 as teams remember the last few Scrambling QB's

***WAS trades #14 (1st) and #79 (3rd) and #175 (6th) to SF for #8 (1st)

8th - WAS - Baker Mayfield - QB - OKLA

*With a run on QB's WAS jumps ahead of MIA/CIN after Loosing Cousins in FA

Five QB's in the top ten?  Well that would be unprecedented.  

22 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

19th - OAK - Harold Landry - DE/OLB - BC

*Mack needs help no other pass rushing threat on the team

Aside from Bruce Irvin you mean.  Not saying this won't happen, just not a fan of the blurb. 

25 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

29th- JAX - Malik Jefferson - LB - TEX

*Pulusnzy is getting up in age and Jefferson would be a good replacement who would excel. 

Would he?  The Jaguars had to move Posluszny from middle linebacker to strong side linebacker neither Telvin Smith or Myles Jack were suited to the position.  Is Jefferson? 

1 minute ago, Crickett said:

1. ???

2. Denver already has a QB with potential and measurables.  Two in fact.  QB's with potential and measurables don't seem to be serving them well.  Not saying it won't happen, actually it might because that seems to be all they draft. 

Aside from Bruce Irvin you mean.  Not saying this won't happen, just not a fan of the blurb. 

Would he?  The Jaguars had to move Posluszny from middle linebacker to strong side linebacker neither Telvin Smith or Myles Jack were suited to the position.  Is Jefferson? 

Jags moved myles back to sam .

Still doesnt make sense to pick a 2 down guy anyways that early

47 minutes ago, Crickett said:

1. ???

Josh Allen is an actual pocket passer as opposed to Paxton  and Siemien 

They're predicting anyhwere from 4-6 QB's in top 15. (Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph) IMO only 4 should go top 15 (Rosen, Darnold, Jackson and Allen)

OAK has no pass rushers besides Mack, Irvin Has really been mediocre all season and is also gonna be 31 next year. 

Jefferson can play all 3 LB spots and doesn't have to start can be a depth pick. I don't see Posluszny lasting much longer. 

I like it for the Browns and Chiefs. Although #37 and #64 for #28 seems a bit much to me.

Based on the points chart, which I know isn't perfect, #28 is worth 660pts while #37 + #64 is worth 800pts. A better deal would be #37(2nd) + #97(4th) + #129(5th) for 685pts. Obviously it won't be perfect.

I love Nelson as a prospect, and yes we need linemen, but we really need tackles and a center.  Nelson is neither.  I'm not against the pick, but I don't know how it solves our real issues at LT, RT. C and LB.

Personally, I'd go with Roquan Smith, then grab orlando Brown or Billy Price in round 2, and try like crazy to trade up for the other one.  Then grab another tackle in the third.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I like it for the Browns and Chiefs. Although #37 and #64 for #28 seems a bit much to me.

Based on the points chart, which I know isn't perfect, #28 is worth 660pts while #37 + #64 is worth 800pts. A better deal would be #37(2nd) + #97(4th) + #129(5th) for 685pts. Obviously it won't be perfect.

Yes however the eagles only have a 1st rounder, they wont trade down for anything less than a 2 2nds or a 2nd and 2 3rds it wouldnt make sense to trade down n only get a 2nd and then get 4th and 5th rounders. Off need for the eagles its they pick someone or trade down for a good deal such as 2 2nds which the 2 2nd is basically a 3rd rounder anyway beings its last in 2nd round. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

After getting burned by RG3 there's very little chance Washington trades up for a QB any time soon.  Also its very unlikely Cousins isn't in Washington next year.  If you're going to have Washington trade up, give them Calvin Ridley.  

Redskins do not want to pay Cousins. and if they franchise him hes over 30 Million next year so he's gone. Washington has to trade up for a QB as they're wont be options in FA that can replace Cousins and your not going to pay 12-15 Million for anyone out there thats basically a backup. So you have to trade up to get a chance at one of the top 4 QBS. 

Archived