2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades

IrishHooligan00

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Perfect draft & FA acquisition for Cleveland. I have the same exact thing happening.

....although even if Darnold and Rosen both wanted to play for Cleveland, I'm picking Darnold. He's going to be the better pro IMO, although I do expect both to be at least "good" in the NFL.

Yep.com

Good Steelers pick.

Cant see Indy passing on Barkley there.    Yes, they need help everywhere, but Barkley is a special talent and Luck needs someone to take the focus off of the passing game on offense, especially with Luck coming off a full season of not playing.     Only way they pass on Barkley IMO is if they go out and sign LeVeon Bell in free agency, which is possible....but in that case I think they could trade down with a team that might really want Barkley...perhaps a team like Denver or San Francisco so they can pair up with their young QBs to take the focus off of them.   Of course, Cleveland could trade up one spot just to ensure they get him, as well.    They certainly have the draft capital.  

On 12/27/2017 at 12:37 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

***Sam Bradford Signs with ARZ making the QB need flexible and not forced. 

13th - ARZ - Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU

*With Fitzgerald most likely not coming back since he's a FA Sutton Fills that need for a #1 WR

Fitzgerald actually signed a 1 year extension earlier this year so he's not a FA in 2018. Still may retire though.

Jaron Brown and John Brown are both FA though so WR would make sense.

20 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Theres going to be Head Coach changes and possibly more, things always change with new regimes or coaches. 

The front office are the ones who value or don't value certain positions.  I don't see any coach who would think t.hat Zeitler wasn't an important part of this team and just let him walk

16 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Chubb and Barkley going before us is probably worst case scenario. I'd prefer Fitzpatrick over Key. I think he and Nelson would be BPA at this point. And both fill big needs. But Fitz is the bigger impact player, in my opinion.

Its a void year technically or next, him gone saves 15 million on the cap. Which Fitz will likely decide to do or mutually do. He knows his time is basically up and will look for a 1-2 year deal with a contender. 

Nice job! Roquan is a good player but GB wont take him in the first. GB passes on good ILB every year. GBs staff doesnt value ILB as high as other positions. Blake Martinez in his 2nd year has been great. He is tied for 1st in the league with tackles. Very smart player and takes very good care of his body. Blake will be the play caller of the defense next year.

On 12/28/2017 at 5:48 AM, IrishHooligan00 said:

WAS currently picks #8 if u seen i had them trade down. 

No one drafts McGlinchey to move him to G, He's going to be a great nfl LT.

Guice would give garrapolo a consistent RB who can block and do damage on the ground, I know everyone is saying oh RB's aren't a thing anymore but look at NO, LAR, PHI, NE, PIT if you get consistent and good production from your RB's it helps out tremendously. it is a copycat league as well. 

I have no idea how I missed that trade. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, freak_of_nature said:

I reject the premise that the Dolphins secondary is "horrendous". The Dolphins give up some of the fewest yards to WR's in the NFL. They get burned by RB's and TE's. Maybe more Fin fans can chime in. I suspect our LB's in coverage is a major issue. Pressuring the QB is a big one, too.

Howard and Tankersly are up n' coming, McCain is sufficient as a dime guy, and Lippett will be back next season and challenge for a starting spot. Reshad Jones is a PB'er and TJ McDonald is good.

I agree 100% with this assessment.  Our secondary, while in the past has not been as good, was pretty good this year.  Our problem is Offensive line.  With J. James contract up after this year, and no real solution at Guard outside rookie Asiata, we need line help to keep Ryan upright and open holes for our second tier RB's (Still not sold on Drake yet, but he is growing on me).  

Archived