2018 GB Packer free agents

squire12

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I know everyone loves to discuss possible free agent WRs... what are people’s thoughts on Marqise Lee WR Jax? If I’m not mistaken he is FA this offseason.

Young and most likely improving and cheap.

Remember this gem leaked during the first round of the 2014 draft ?

"Apparently, Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that "everybody in the league" thinks that USC wide receiver Marqise Lee will be the Packers' selection at pick #21 this evening if he is on the board at that time."

9 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I know everyone loves to discuss possible free agent WRs... what are people’s thoughts on Marqise Lee WR Jax? If I’m not mistaken he is FA this offseason.

Young and most likely improving and cheap.

Actually love quite a few WRs in this FA class; Lee, A-Rob, John Brown, Pryor, Martavis, Watkins, Moncrief, Paul Richardson & Jordan Matthews. Lots of good talent available and I'd love to grab one of them if the value presents itself.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Remember this gem leaked during the first round of the 2014 draft ?

"Apparently, Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that "everybody in the league" thinks that USC wide receiver Marqise Lee will be the Packers' selection at pick #21 this evening if he is on the board at that time."

Damn. Don't remember that. I think we came out ok though.

Every time I've watched the Jags this year, Lee has made at least one or two really frustrating plays, whether it's an outright drop or just badly misplaying the ball. Count me out.

If we're going to sign a wideout, I'm way more interested in Moncrief. Big, fast, could come relatively cheap.

3 minutes ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

GB is built to throw the football because they have Aaron Rodgers. The RBs we have now in Williams and Jones will be just fine to get the job done. What Arod really needs are some good pass catchers who can take the top off a defense. It's much easier to play defense when Rodgers can spot you a 17 point lead.

Must......resist.....the......629.....Capers.....jokes......flooding......my......head

1 hour ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

I'd be interested to see how many games GB has lost with Rodgers when they have a 17+ point lead. I'm not saying it hasn't happened but I'm betting it's extremely rare. 

Potentially as many as GB has won after trailing by 17+ points with Rodgers as the starting QB

Pass catchers I’m interested in...

TE

Trey Burton,  Tyler Eifert, Troy Niklas, Crockett Gilmore

WR

Marqise Lee, Taylor Gabriel, Jordan Matthews, Charles Johnson (bring him back haha), Paul Richardson, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, DeAnthony Thomas

14 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Every time I've watched the Jags this year, Lee has made at least one or two really frustrating plays, whether it's an outright drop or just badly misplaying the ball. Count me out.

If we're going to sign a wideout, I'm way more interested in Moncrief. Big, fast, could come relatively cheap.

Moncrief would be a good fit .. might just see his numbers explode with Rodgers throwing him the ball.  I hope the kid is tight with some of his former Colts coaches .. might give us the slightest of edges seeing that a few of them are now on the Packers staff.

Not sure who remembers this, but when Cleveland played against Green Bay in an exhibition game Pryor owned Shields in that game until both were replaced. I picked up Pryor on my fantasy team because of that. Pryor had a great year and went to Washington and has done nothing since. He has had one great year, and if you knew why and could get him to repeat it....it's worth Green Bay grabbing him. The Packers really need a fast number 3 receiver that has potential. Not a #1 or 2 so it could make sense.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Moncrief would be a good fit .. might just see his numbers explode with Rodgers throwing him the ball.  I hope the kid is tight with some of his former Colts coaches .. might give us the slightest of edges seeing that a few of them are now on the Packers staff.

Moncreif is more of a possession/ red zone guy. I'd like someone more dynamic/ 

Archived