The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

Canelo has been in the states long enough where he should be speaking some English with the press. Folks say he doesn't want to until he masters the language so he doesn't have any slip ups. I could respect it, but broken English from GGG hasn't hurt him, but only helped him. Heck, they end up being solid catchphrases for him such as "Big drama show" or "I respect box."

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Canelo has been in the states long enough where he should be speaking some English with the press. Folks say he doesn't want to until he masters the language so he doesn't have any slip ups. I could respect it, but broken English from GGG hasn't hurt him, but only helped him. Heck, they end up being solid catchphrases for him such as "Big drama show" or "I respect box."

Also because of the broken English GGG gets away without actually answering the questions meaningfully.

If Canelo wins then fine. But if GGG wins, then Cotto doesn't need that fight at all. He's in a tough position. I wonder if he could fight maybe Brook? That would be a really good fight, though I'm sure Brook probably wants an easy touch next. 

Lemieux is being rumored as Cotto's next opponent. That's a good dangerous fight. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wonder if he could fight maybe Brook? That would be a really good fight, though I'm sure Brook probably wants an easy touch next. 

Khan? They could have that fight at 54 or even 47. How big is Cotto outside the ring? Surely 147 can't be too big of a cut for a 5'7 guy?

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Khan? They could have that fight at 54 or even 47. How big is Cotto outside the ring? Surely 147 can't be too big of a cut for a 5'7 guy?

I don't know if Cotto will go down to 147, but Khan could fight him at 154. Both are pretty similar size wise.

Canelo vs GGG thread like Mayweather-McGregor thread? I don't think this thread will get nearly as much attention as the other one. 

Jo Jo Diaz is also on the UC. Solid fighter. 

Wilder vs Ortiz is set as well as Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko. Great year of boxing, the the best since the early 00s or 08.