FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Cousins to the Jets seems like a real possibility. It's really down to whatever those other 5 teams were that wanted to trade for Alex Smith. CLE and DEN were reportedly interested. ARI, BUF, JAX, and MIN. Supposedly, there were 6 including WAS but seems like a couple more. 

I honestly can't see MIN and JAX getting involved. JAX and MIN are committed to bringing back their QB's. They obviously aren't 100% sold since they inquired about Alex Smith. But they are probably doing the leave no stone unturned thing.

It's going to be between NYJ, CLE, BUF, DEN and ARI. 

Arizona, Buffalo, and Denver have to cut players. Cleveland and the Jets have the space. This might be the first day when I truly believe we are a serious option for Cousins. I think Cousins will either be wearing a DEN, BUF, or a NYJ jersey next year. And dare I say I think we might be a slight favorite.

11 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Cousins to the Jets seems like a real possibility. It's really down to whatever those other 5 teams were that wanted to trade for Alex Smith. CLE and DEN were reportedly interested. ARI, BUF, JAX, and MIN. Supposedly, there were 6 including WAS but seems like a couple more. 

I honestly can't see MIN and JAX getting involved. JAX and MIN are committed to bringing back their QB's. They obviously aren't 100% sold since they inquired about Alex Smith. But they are probably doing the leave no stone unturned thing.

It's going to be between NYJ, CLE, BUF, DEN and ARI. 

Arizona, Buffalo, and Denver have to cut players. Cleveland and the Jets have the space. This might be the first day when I truly believe we are a serious option for Cousins. I think Cousins will either be wearing a DEN, BUF, or a NYJ jersey next year. And dare I say I think we might be a slight favorite.

If we are to take Cousins at his word, which is probably worth a donut from Tim Horton's but anyway, winning is an important factor in his decision.

So, you should not take Minnesota and Jacksonville out of the equation. Hell, Minny has ZERO quarterbacks under contract for 2018. It would be pretty easy for them to move on from all three and get Cousins.

49 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

If we are to take Cousins at his word, which is probably worth a donut from Tim Horton's but anyway, winning is an important factor in his decision.

So, you should not take Minnesota and Jacksonville out of the equation. Hell, Minny has ZERO quarterbacks under contract for 2018. It would be pretty easy for them to move on from all three and get Cousins.

That’s where Cousins should go if he wants to win.

Not to the Jets, trying to beat Belichick and Brady with Todd freakin Bowles as his head coach LOL

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That’s where Cousins should go if he wants to win.

Not to the Jets, trying to beat Belichick and Brady with Todd freakin Bowles as his head coach LOL

While I thought this at first as well, if he comes here he won't have to deal with those guys for as long as he would Rodgers or Stafford. 

Now obviously, Brady is better than those guys but he has to go eventually and then he would be in a division with no real qb threat. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Interesting... Cameron Brate who took ASJ's spot in Tampa Bay may receive 1st round tender. He had 14 TDs over last 2 seasons. Bucs are worrying about 7m annually.  ASJ could end up having 4.5m-6m per season for a contract. umm

Brate >>>>>> ASJ.

ASJ has literally had next to no production. Where he thinks he deserves this big contract is crazy to me. He caught for 340yds and 3 TDs for crying out loud.

Losing ASJ at this point is no big loss. I hope he resigns, but at only 3-4mill per.

• Like 2

Couple interesting things in the QB carousel. We all know that McCarron might be a FA, but Cincy will fight to say keep him as a RFA rather than an UFA (this should be decided in the coming weeks).

Now Bridgewater is an issue. Apparently Minnesota says he should be able to keep Bridgewater an extra year bc of his injury and they might fight to keep him. Why this is big news for the Jets? Bc if Teddy stays that more than likely eliminates Minnesota from the Cousins sweepstakes.

On NFL official papers, McCarron and Bridgewater should be UFA and RFA, respectively.  It is really hard to argue that both qbs were healthy enough to participate earlier.  Did they see independent doctors?  I'm not sure about NFLPA claiming that Vikings would have hard time to retain Bridgewater.  Dunno.

As for Vikings, I still think they will tag Keenum as a franchise qb. Because of that, Bridgewater needs to be UFA so he can sign with either Cardinals, Broncos or Bills in order to actually reduce the competition for the Cousins sweepstakes.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Old news... he did this yesterday.

That is what I said a couple days ago, we are going to have a problem getting the big stars to come to New York because our offensive is a joke. No QB, bad running game , weak WR core, so so Offensive line, terrible ownership. Sure we will get some FA to come  but not the best. But not the huge stars like Cousins, he doesn't want to sit around while we build a team for him. More & more it seems like our only option to get a QB is to more up in the draft but that is going to cost up draft picks.

Edited by doumeyer

13 hours ago, doumeyer said:

That is what I said a couple days ago, we are going to have a problem getting the big stars to come to New York because our offensive is a joke. No QB, bad running game , weak WR core, so so Offensive line, terrible ownership. Sure we will get some FA to come  but not the best. But not the huge stars like Cousins, he doesn't want to sit around while we build a team for him. More & more it seems like our only option to get a QB is to more up in the draft but that is going to cost up draft picks.

My understanding is he said that not as a Jets thing but as a he wants a 100 million thing (not just from the Jets but any team). So I would not color this as a foreshadowing to free agency and how free agents view the organization.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wanted Colvin innte draft. I rate him higher than Breeland. But not sure Jacksonville let’s him go. I have a feeling we go hard after Johnson.

I've seen that Jacksonville might let Pouzluzny go to try to keep Colvin, Breeland wouldn't be a bad Consilation prize. In regards to Johnson he's great and all but I'd rather use the money that we spend on him to grab Breeland and a slot CB(NRC or Johnson Bademosi)