Packers Re-sign Davante Adams

Packerraymond

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

I don't use the sort of texting contractions you've mentioned because I dislike them aesthetically, but it's a perfectly valid use of language.

I knew people would try to pick that post apart, but come on, man.  If you're going to do this, do it without contractions.  If you were trying to make a point, you should have typed, "I do not use the sort of texting contractions you have mentioned because I dislike them aesthetically, but it is a perfectly valid use of language."

24 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not gonna get too much into this because I'm really trying to be less of an ******* on here and in life, but I do not tolerate poor grammar from people I care about.  When someone writes, "u," "2," "k," instead of "you," and so on, it literally tells me that I'm not important enough to you to take the time to spell a three letter word or a two letter word.  You have to save the fractions of seconds?  It's an insult to anyone you're talking to in a text conversation, and it's an insult to yourself. 

To the people who say, "It's saving time and it's not taking things seriously..." and that kind of crap, I don't accept that.  Nobody should purposefully be wrong for anything.  All that does is make you dumber and anyone you're associated with dumber.  The English language has a serious history of correcting itself and gradually making itself easier.  We don't need to dumb it down to a point we're cutting two letters in a three letter word. 

So please, for the love of God, @Packerraymond, change the thread title to re-signed.

I forget - is it one or two grunts if I agree

So is the cumulative concussion thing just one big huge gray area ?  Is there some sort of standard to go by ? I have no clue.

3 in 3 years ? 4 in 3 years ? 5 in 5 years ?  If Adams gets a concussion within the first 6 weeks of next season, is that panic time ? 

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Can we sort of attempt to get back to the topic at hand...if you guys really want, we can have a thread specifically devoted to the English language if you want.

Y u no be good mod 4 us

Just now, cannondale said:

So is the cumulative concussion thing just one big huge gray area ?  Is there some sort of standard to go by ? I have no clue.

3 in 3 years ? 4 in 3 years ? 5 in 5 years ?  If Adams gets a concussion within the first 6 weeks of next season, is that panic time ? 

Honestly I think it's a non-issue with Davante.  He got two concussions on two dirty plays that aren't the regular hits NFL players take. 

I don't remember him having a concussion other than a dirty hit by Trevathan and Thomas. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Honestly I think it's a non-issue with Davante.  He got two concussions on two dirty plays that aren't the regular hits NFL players take. 

I don't remember him having a concussion other than a dirty hit by Trevathan and Thomas. 

Concussions also aren't all the same.  There is different levels of severity, and nobody knows which concussion is going to be the one that ends a career.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:
10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I don't remember him having a concussion other than a dirty hit by Trevathan and Thomas

Ultimately, it is hard to say with any certainty.   That said....

Each additional concussion increases the risk of getting another.  Generally, it takes less impact force for each subsequent concussion.  

Each additional concussion can increase the recovery time relative to previous ones.

The longer duration between concussions does offer some reduction, but does not erase the risks/effects.

So 1st concussion =bad

2nd concussion = more bad

3rd concussion = even more bad

etc, etc

16 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If he gets another one we need to change our scoreboard like this

Bea0yDA.png

Just now, squire12 said:

Ultimately, it is hard to say with any certainty.   That said....

Each additional concussion increases the risk of getting another.  Generally, it takes less impact force for each subsequent concussion.  

Each additional concussion can increase the recovery time relative to previous ones.

The longer duration between concussions does offer some reduction, but does not erase the risks/effects.

So 1st concussion =bad

2nd concussion = more bad

3rd concussion = even more bad

etc, etc

More baderer** can your stupid text generation learn the language

Wow - just Wow. That whole article is just complete garbage. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/davante-adams-should-have-waited-it-out/#comments

"Then there’s the fact that Adams currently has a concussion. Although playing football with a concussion and making important business decisions with a concussion may be two different things, it’s arguably a bad look to expect players with concussions to properly weigh the risks and rewards of taking an offer or waiting for a better one."

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/davante-adams-should-have-waited-it-out/#comments

"Then there’s the fact that Adams currently has a concussion. Although playing football with a concussion and making important business decisions with a concussion may be two different things, it’s arguably a bad look to expect players with concussions to properly weigh the risks and rewards of taking an offer or waiting for a better one."

Davante Adams got fair market value...sure, he might have made a few million more if he waited until the offseason.  But you can't put a price on comfort, and he knows he's going to get #12 to throw him balls for the next four years.

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Totally unfair to expect him to make a decision like that in the spur of the moment. If only players had some sort of representative or consultant that they could get assistance and guidance from on contractual/monetary matters throughout the process. Maybe one getting a % so you know they are incentivized to get the best deal for their player.

Archived