Packers Re-sign Davante Adams

Packerraymond

59 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Interesting Podcast from Andrew Brandt talking about the Packers FO shakeup and Davante Adams. He said he would have gotten more on the market and that some current executives were already contacting him wondering if they'd be able to sign him in Free Agency.

http://www.rosstucker.com/podcasts/ross-tucker-football-podcast/ 

Isn't that illegal

2 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

or an option if Ball leaves when Wolf/Gute named GM? I woudn't think he woudl return but who knows.

Yeah .. maybe.  I don't think Ball will leave either way.  If he doesn't get the GM gig he might be top choice to take over for Murphy when he retires.  Ball is in a pretty good position in GB.

Quote:  "Taking advantage of nearly $10 million in salary-cap room left over in 2017, general manager Ted Thompson and negotiator Russ Ball saved about $6 million in future cap charges by getting the deals done in December. The Packers have $3,934,518 in salary-cap room they can carry over to 2018, according to the NFLPA’s website. They will have about $22 million of salary-cap room heading into the ’18 season."

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/01/03/packers-save-cap-room-davante-adams-corey-linsley-deals/999641001/

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

31m guaranteed according to Sportrac, gross. For a guy coming off 3 concussions in the last 12 months he took Russ Ball to the wood shed on this deal. I was thinking we went up to close to 15m per because the guarantees were low.

Or Russ Ball knew Adams had even better offers from others. Massive amounts of available cap space chasing limited available talent.

SF + Garappolo are sitting on $ 115 million in cap space and were rumored to want Adams back on the west coast.

Welcome to the woodshed NFL

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Brandt doesn't work for any teams, so I would say no.  They just called him because of his familiarity to how the Packers work.

I read it that they contacted Adams. I'm dumb.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Speaking of Brandt .. would he be an option to return to GB in a capologist role if Russ Ball was named GM?

Read my mind. Sounds like he didn't get a super fair deal from Ted iirc

40 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Or Russ Ball knew Adams had even better offers from others. Massive amounts of available cap space chasing limited available talent.

SF + Garappolo are sitting on $ 115 million in cap space and were rumored to want Adams back on the west coast.

Welcome to the woodshed NFL

I believe that there is a lot of truth in your statement.  San Fran was lovin' themselves some 'Vante.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

31m guaranteed according to Sportrac, gross. For a guy coming off 3 concussions in the last 12 months he took Russ Ball to the wood shed on this deal. I was thinking we went up to close to 15m per because the guarantees were low.

I can't imagine Thompson/Ball offered the money they did without heavy input from the medical staff re: Adams' concussions.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

I can't imagine Thompson/Ball offered the money they did without heavy input from the medical staff re: Adams' concussions.

Yeah but the NFL has been brushing concussions under the rug. After seeing Shields and other players, there's no way there isn't significant risk here with Adams.

Archived