Packers Re-sign Davante Adams

Packerraymond

Jordy has a stronger chemistry with Rodgers than Cobb does. Yes Cobb is younger, but I think he has already peaked, and injuries have certainly taken there toll. If you're looking at production, Jordy clearly wins. I like the idea of Jordy in the slot. If I had to choose, I would cut Cobb. It's a shame, he showed so much promise during his rookie contract. 

3 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Jordy has a stronger chemistry with Rodgers than Cobb does. Yes Cobb is younger, but I think he has already peaked, and injuries have certainly taken there toll. If you're looking at production, Jordy clearly wins. I like the idea of Jordy in the slot. If I had to choose, I would cut Cobb. It's a shame, he showed so much promise during his rookie contract. 

I'm not sure either one of them has a huge lead on the other.  They both have things going for them, and things going against them.

2 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

What do you think will happen?

Honestly, I'm not sure that one of them will be released.  As I mentioned before, the Packers could re-sign their core FAs (Burnett, Adams, and Linsley) and still have some change leftover.  If they wanted to dabble in FA, that's where a release of Cobb/Nelson release would come into play.  As for who to release, it's a toss-up.  Cobb is younger and probably a safer bet to stay healthy, but Jordy Nelson has a better track record of production and the level of trust between him and Rodgers can't be understated.  I wouldn't be surprised if they both returned to Green Bay.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I'm not sure that one of them will be released.  As I mentioned before, the Packers could re-sign their core FAs (Burnett, Adams, and Linsley) and still have some change leftover.  If they wanted to dabble in FA, that's where a release of Cobb/Nelson release would come into play.  As for who to release, it's a toss-up.  Cobb is younger and probably a safer bet to stay healthy, but Jordy Nelson has a better track record of production and the level of trust between him and Rodgers can't be understated.  I wouldn't be surprised if they both returned to Green Bay.

I have a feeling both will be back in 2018 too - just a gut feeling.

27 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I get the impression Cobb caves into contact more than Jordy does....This and JN makes more of a concerted effort to make difficult catches....

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Wow - just Wow. That whole article is just complete garbage. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/davante-adams-should-have-waited-it-out/#comments

"Then there’s the fact that Adams currently has a concussion. Although playing football with a concussion and making important business decisions with a concussion may be two different things, it’s arguably a bad look to expect players with concussions to properly weigh the risks and rewards of taking an offer or waiting for a better one."

i read this and refrained from bringing it up earlier because i realized by reading it (florio) i disgusted myself already and wasn't going to paste his work and spread the disease.

6 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Why the **** would jordy retire

Why?  I honestly don't know.  Many posters are saying he's lost a step and we need to cut his pay and release Cobb, or even him.  So, if he really isn't up to par, to his or Packers standards, then why the hell not?  He got one year left, and he stated he was sure how much longer he wants to play.  So, here I go again, I know this caused some problems earlier, but it's possible.  Likely?  No, but possible.

Archived