Packers Re-sign Davante Adams

Packerraymond

f236dba989e048fe678013bc47764949.jpg

Derek Carr and Davante Adams playing for Fresno State on Nov 2013. Four years later they both signed contracts of $126m and $58m respectively. Damn. That college football program is gonna get such a massive boost in recruiting players because of those two.

Are there any other examples of former college teammates successfully landing big money contracts in the NFL? maybe bigger than what Carr and Adams received combined? (other than Brady and Woodson of course)

51 minutes ago, Chili said:

Derek Carr and Davante Adams playing for Fresno State on Nov 2013. Four years later they both signed contracts of $126m and $58m respectively. Damn. That college football program is gonna get such a massive boost in recruiting players because of those two.

Are there any other examples of former college teammates successfully landing big money contracts in the NFL? maybe bigger than what Carr and Adams received combined? (other than Brady and Woodson of course)

Stafford, Green comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

JJ Watt and Russell Wilson

Pretty thrilled for Davante.  Great kid and he's gotten better every year.  He was the only WR to elevate his game when Rodgers went down.

Tough calls to make on both Nelson and Cobb.  If it were me?  I'm trying like heck to re-negotiate Nelson and keep him on the roster.  Even if it is like how they kept Driver around in his last year.  Cobb has more juice in those legs, which isn't saying much, but you can find slot guys easier than boundary guys.  I'm not altogether sure that Monty wouldn't give you a Cobb like slot guy if they wanted to move on from him.  Either way, there is work to be done with those two guys.

And...I"m with HZ...Sammy Watkins baby, Sammy Watkins.

4 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Interesting Podcast from Andrew Brandt talking about the Packers FO shakeup and Davante Adams. He said he would have gotten more on the market and that some current executives were already contacting him wondering if they'd be able to sign him in Free Agency.

http://www.rosstucker.com/podcasts/ross-tucker-football-podcast/ 

No surprise there. Greg Jennings still has an effect in those negotiations I believe.

Archived