Jump to content

EVERYTHING ELSE!


ET80
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/24/2022 at 2:17 PM, Blaze said:

I only need a couple of days in Vegas. That city literally goes 100mph with things to do at all times of the day. 

My wife and I have a rough outline of what we’re going to do - we like to gamble a bit, but we’re also looking forward to some fine dining, a few nights bar hopping around town, poolside lounging, couples’ massage, visit a few dispensaries to pick up some goodies…

We have a few things lined up, but we’re also big on simply sleeping in and not having the kids for a few days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

About 3 weeks ago I was coming back from Miami and at the airport I saw a guy who looked really familiar. It looked like Ed Oliver but I wasn't sure. I'm a introvert so I'll never walk up to anybody to ask them something like that. Eventually we made eye contact and I asked him if he went to UofH. He said "nah I'm not Ed Oliver but I know him". He must've have heard the comparison before. Same size, shape. It's been 3 weeks and I've been struggling to realize who that guy was. It just hit me who it was. It was Ross Blacklock 😂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blaze said:

About 3 weeks ago I was coming back from Miami and at the airport I saw a guy who looked really familiar. It looked like Ed Oliver but I wasn't sure. I'm a introvert so I'll never walk up to anybody to ask them something like that. Eventually we made eye contact and I asked him if he went to UofH. He said "nah I'm not Ed Oliver but I know him". He must've have heard the comparison before. Same size, shape. It's been 3 weeks and I've been struggling to realize who that guy was. It just hit me who it was. It was Ross Blacklock 😂

I wish he played like Ed Oliver lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 7:17 PM, ET80 said:

My wife and I have a rough outline of what we’re going to do - we like to gamble a bit, but we’re also looking forward to some fine dining, a few nights bar hopping around town, poolside lounging, couples’ massage, visit a few dispensaries to pick up some goodies…

We have a few things lined up, but we’re also big on simply sleeping in and not having the kids for a few days.

Sleeping in when not having kids is the highlight of every couples trip we take. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Sleeping in when not having kids is the highlight of every couples trip we take. 

avengers-infinity-war.gif
 

Semi-related note: When we go on family vacation, my wife and I don’t really go “on vacation”. We’re just temporarily raising our kids in a different city.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, ET80 said:

avengers-infinity-war.gif
 

Semi-related note: When we go on family vacation, my wife and I don’t really go “on vacation”. We’re just temporarily raising our kids in a different city.

It’s true. It’s gotten easier as the kids have gotten a little older but it’s hard work going on vacation 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Day 9 tomorrow if high school Fall camp. We’ve had some coaching changes and stuff and I’ve had to do O-Line/D-Line by myself in addition to being the special teams coordinator, which sounded like an easy job but man there’s so many ins and outs to special teams. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Day 9 tomorrow if high school Fall camp. We’ve had some coaching changes and stuff and I’ve had to do O-Line/D-Line by myself in addition to being the special teams coordinator, which sounded like an easy job but man there’s so many ins and outs to special teams. 

There’s 2 coaching titles you never want to have, secondary’s coach and special teams ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

There’s 2 coaching titles you never want to have, secondary’s coach and special teams ha

I love the special teams part, last year we schemed up a lot of great stuff. Blocked 5 punts, scored 3 TDs and got our kicker to make all state. 
 

but coaching the o-line is like a coordinator position itself and that makes it tough to do both. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I love the special teams part, last year we schemed up a lot of great stuff. Blocked 5 punts, scored 3 TDs and got our kicker to make all state. 
 

but coaching the o-line is like a coordinator position itself and that makes it tough to do both. 

Ya I’m the OL coach at my school. It is pretty much a Co-OC position 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2022 at 11:55 AM, Blaze said:

@ET80Are you still going to Vegas for the Texans game? I'm looking at flights now. Pretty reasonable. Im probably going to arrive Sunday morning and leave on Tues. I have a prior engagement on Saturday. 

Not sure if you booked yet, but we're on hold - game falls on championships week of my daughters' volleyball league, so we're debating on if we can go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not sure if you booked yet, but we're on hold - game falls on championships week of my daughters' volleyball league, so we're debating on if we can go. 

We're still trying to figure out the flight schedule. We have a wedding that Saturday evening so we are trying to fly out late that night. I just don't want to pay for an extra day at the hotel since check in is around 3 and we won't be there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...