EVERYTHING ELSE!

ET80

On 7/24/2022 at 2:17 PM, Blaze said:

I only need a couple of days in Vegas. That city literally goes 100mph with things to do at all times of the day. 

My wife and I have a rough outline of what we’re going to do - we like to gamble a bit, but we’re also looking forward to some fine dining, a few nights bar hopping around town, poolside lounging, couples’ massage, visit a few dispensaries to pick up some goodies…

We have a few things lined up, but we’re also big on simply sleeping in and not having the kids for a few days.

• Like 1

About 3 weeks ago I was coming back from Miami and at the airport I saw a guy who looked really familiar. It looked like Ed Oliver but I wasn't sure. I'm a introvert so I'll never walk up to anybody to ask them something like that. Eventually we made eye contact and I asked him if he went to UofH. He said "nah I'm not Ed Oliver but I know him". He must've have heard the comparison before. Same size, shape. It's been 3 weeks and I've been struggling to realize who that guy was. It just hit me who it was. It was Ross Blacklock 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blaze said:

About 3 weeks ago I was coming back from Miami and at the airport I saw a guy who looked really familiar. It looked like Ed Oliver but I wasn't sure. I'm a introvert so I'll never walk up to anybody to ask them something like that. Eventually we made eye contact and I asked him if he went to UofH. He said "nah I'm not Ed Oliver but I know him". He must've have heard the comparison before. Same size, shape. It's been 3 weeks and I've been struggling to realize who that guy was. It just hit me who it was. It was Ross Blacklock 😂

I wish he played like Ed Oliver lmao

On 7/25/2022 at 7:17 PM, ET80 said:

My wife and I have a rough outline of what we’re going to do - we like to gamble a bit, but we’re also looking forward to some fine dining, a few nights bar hopping around town, poolside lounging, couples’ massage, visit a few dispensaries to pick up some goodies…

We have a few things lined up, but we’re also big on simply sleeping in and not having the kids for a few days.

Sleeping in when not having kids is the highlight of every couples trip we take. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Sleeping in when not having kids is the highlight of every couples trip we take. 

avengers-infinity-war.gif

Semi-related note: When we go on family vacation, my wife and I don’t really go “on vacation”. We’re just temporarily raising our kids in a different city.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, ET80 said:

avengers-infinity-war.gif

Semi-related note: When we go on family vacation, my wife and I don’t really go “on vacation”. We’re just temporarily raising our kids in a different city.

It’s true. It’s gotten easier as the kids have gotten a little older but it’s hard work going on vacation 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Day 9 tomorrow if high school Fall camp. We’ve had some coaching changes and stuff and I’ve had to do O-Line/D-Line by myself in addition to being the special teams coordinator, which sounded like an easy job but man there’s so many ins and outs to special teams. 

There’s 2 coaching titles you never want to have, secondary’s coach and special teams ha

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

There’s 2 coaching titles you never want to have, secondary’s coach and special teams ha

I love the special teams part, last year we schemed up a lot of great stuff. Blocked 5 punts, scored 3 TDs and got our kicker to make all state. 

but coaching the o-line is like a coordinator position itself and that makes it tough to do both. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I love the special teams part, last year we schemed up a lot of great stuff. Blocked 5 punts, scored 3 TDs and got our kicker to make all state. 

but coaching the o-line is like a coordinator position itself and that makes it tough to do both. 

Ya I’m the OL coach at my school. It is pretty much a Co-OC position 

On 7/24/2022 at 11:55 AM, Blaze said:

@ET80Are you still going to Vegas for the Texans game? I'm looking at flights now. Pretty reasonable. Im probably going to arrive Sunday morning and leave on Tues. I have a prior engagement on Saturday. 

Not sure if you booked yet, but we're on hold - game falls on championships week of my daughters' volleyball league, so we're debating on if we can go. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not sure if you booked yet, but we're on hold - game falls on championships week of my daughters' volleyball league, so we're debating on if we can go. 

We're still trying to figure out the flight schedule. We have a wedding that Saturday evening so we are trying to fly out late that night. I just don't want to pay for an extra day at the hotel since check in is around 3 and we won't be there.

• Like 1