2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

16 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Is there any reason why Reich has seemingly been overlooked for jobs while DeFilippo is getting a ton of buzz? 

Also if I'm Indy I'm looking at those two guys now that J Mc D is out. 

Colts haven’t requested an interview with DeFelippo yet but they have interviews scheduled for Dan Campbell today and Reich tomorrow. Then they requested permission to interview Leslie Frazier today

3 hours ago, stallyns said:

Colts haven’t requested an interview with DeFelippo yet but they have interviews scheduled for Dan Campbell today and Reich tomorrow. Then they requested permission to interview Leslie Frazier today

A poor man’s Tony Dungi?

I’d rather take a shot on him than a guy like Jim Caldwell. Maybe he reinvents himself after his meh run in Minnesota.

1 hour ago, One Punch Man said:

A poor man’s Tony Dungi?

I’d rather take a shot on him than a guy like Jim Caldwell. Maybe he reinvents himself after his meh run in Minnesota.

The Colt’s already have their DC, Matt Eberflus who is a Kiffin/Marinelli disciple. So the Colts are running a 4-3, not unlike the defense Frazier would run anyways. I’d just prefer we get an offensive coach who can run an offense that will keep Luck protected which McDaniels would’ve done. 

26 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm so happy Flip and Stefanski  are with us. I feel a little more confident about the 2018 season now.

if they like him a lot it's nice they could block him

Cause if Flip has a solid 2018 campaign he's likely gone for an HC position as soon as 2019
I think he knew life would be much easier for getting one in a place he could call on offense rather than staying here taking Reich's spot (he probably knew he was looking likely to be leaving) where he could possibly be waiting a year or two longer.

Jason La Canfora spreading misinformation again. The Colts never even requested an interview with this guy. They did interview a Chargers coach but not the QB coach. 

Reich has had no interaction with Steichen in his career and neither has Ballard. Not sure where La Canfora gets this stuff. Nick Sirrianna is the guy.

15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Who will be big names for head coaches next year?

Flips a goner, it’s the Adam Gase Bears scenario all over again. Interviewed for several HC jobs but ultimately left for Chicago to be OC and was hired one year later by he Dolphins. 

Matt LaFleur is probably a good bet too. As is Jags DC Todd Wash if that defense continues to improve.

Archived