2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

32 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Surprised he isn't after someone like Bill Lazor.

Why?  He has utterly no ties to Lazor whatsoever.  Gruden's bit was always up-and-comer's and guys who he was familiar with via the Ray Rhodes staffs of the mid/late 90's.

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

I just wonder if he’ll trade for Kizer since he absolutely loved him in that show he does every year. Maybe we can get a 1st out if it?

If Gruden showed anything in Tampa, it's that he can't evaluate the QB position worth a damn.

32 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I just wonder if he’ll trade for Kizer since he absolutely loved him in that show he does every year. Maybe we can get a 1st out if it?

He loved Manziel and Tebow if I'm not mistaken. Why not just sign both those free agents? Lol

Just now, jrry32 said:

I really like the Gruden hire for Oakland.

Some of his rumored demands are a bit much. 

Apparently he wants $100M over 10 years. And he wants those 10 years guaranteed. He also wants a stake in ownership. He also wants total control of personnel. Which seems tame compared to his other demands.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Some of his rumored demands are a bit much. 

Apparently he wants $100M over 10 years. And he wants those 10 years guaranteed. He also wants a stake in ownership. He also wants total control of personnel. Which seems tame compared to his other demands.

It's a shrewd move for him. The Raiders are a great fit for his offense, the team already has playoff-caliber talent, and the fan-base still loves him.

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's a shrewd move for him. The Raiders are a great fit for his offense, the team already has playoff-caliber talent, and the fan-base still loves him.

Oh, yeah. Strictly from a coaching standpoint, it's a perfect match. Oakland already has an established QB. And like you said, the fans love him. He'll help put butts in the seats.

But those demands though. Granted, we don't even know if they're true.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oh, yeah. Strictly from a coaching standpoint, it's a perfect match. Oakland already has an established QB. And like you said, the fans love him. He'll help put butts in the seats.

But those demands though. Granted, we don't even know if they're true.

Even if those were his "demands," it's a negotiation.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Even if those were his "demands," it's a negotiation.

I dunno. We moved on from him and kept Koetter. 

The $10M is probably firm. He makes ~$8.5M between ESPN and his endorsements. He's gonna want more to leave the booth.

He was pretty controlling with us. I'm sure he's changed in 10 years. But I'm also sure he still wants control over the final 53.

The ownership thing is weird. And seems kinda outta left field.

There was also a rumor he wants Allen as his GM again. Which would be bad. But I don't know how true that is.

Archived