2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd be disappointed. Hopeful, and obviously he has a great mind for the X and O aspect of the game, but in his interviews he can't keep my attention. How is he going to command a locker room? 

Seems like a guy like Marc Trestman.  Well regarded as  a play caller, but shouldn't be given more responsibility. 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

As for Hue... no coach who leads a 0-16 campaign should be considered for returning. Let alone one who is just 1-31 in his tenure. Regardless of what the talent on the roster is, that is just horrible. Just embarrassing as usual for the entire Cleveland organization.

To be fair, the stink of the organization is real and maybe they've become self-aware of that.  By that I mean, they have to realize that they're simply nowhere near an attractive destination for HC candidates, even with how rare HC opportunities are (though that's becoming less of a thing nowadays as teams seem to be becoming less and less patient than in the last 15 years).  So, if you're picking from the dregs of "stabilizing" coaches to man the helm while you (attempt to) accumulate talent to improve the look/attractiveness of the job you're offering, is Hue Jackson really that much worse than someone like a Jeff Fisher or John Fox?

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

To be fair, the stink of the organization is real and maybe they've become self-aware of that.  By that I mean, they have to realize that they're simply nowhere near an attractive destination for HC candidates, even with how rare HC opportunities are (though that's becoming less of a thing nowadays as teams seem to be becoming less and less patient than in the last 15 years).  So, if you're picking from the dregs of "stabilizing" coaches to man the helm while you (attempt to) accumulate talent to improve the look/attractiveness of the job you're offering, is Hue Jackson really that much worse than someone like a Jeff Fisher or John Fox?

They have talent that needs developing though. How much crediblity will their young talent put into a coach who is 1-31 with the team? How much faith does the current players they will need to inevitably retain have in him? How will this affect the morale and culture within the locker room?

At some point you just need to go elsewhere just to keep hope alive. Hue Jackson is clearly not the answer. And I worry about leaving a lame-duck desperate head coach to hurt development and/or organization faith of your young talent.

The way I see it if you can't win a single game in a season, you should be gone. No bad situation can justify not being able to squeak out a single win. Period.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

They have talent that needs developing though. How much crediblity will their young talent put into a coach who is 1-31 with the team? How much faith does the current players they will need to inevitably obtain have in him? How will this affect the morale and culture within the locker room?

At some point you just need to go elsewhere just to keep hope alive. Hue Jackson is clearly not the answer. And I worry about leaving a lame-duck desperate head coach to hurt development and/or organization faith of your young talent.

The way I see it if you can't win a single game in a season, you should be gone. No bad situation can justify not being able to squeak out a single win. Period.

Whose gonna inspire hope, who are they gonna hire that is willing to take over an 0-16 browns team and be stupid enough to believe they won't get fired after 2 seasons.

Hue Jackson is the best option going forward for the browns.

3 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Whose gonna inspire hope, who are they gonna hire that is willing to take over an 0-16 browns team and be stupid enough to believe they won't get fired after 2 seasons.

Hue Jackson is the best option going forward for the browns.

Not sure if you actually believe this, or simply happy because they're a division rival... o.O

26 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Lack of using a Jack Lalanne photo for this disappoints me greatly.  I am displeased.

Oh, okay- uhhhh, THIS is Jack LaLanne......... or maybe Pete Carroll, I forget which:

Image result for Jack Lalanne    And here is Jack LaLanne from the 1950's....... or me, from last summer- can't remember that one, either.

Image result for Jack Lalanne

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Not sure if you actually believe this, or simply happy because they're a division rival... o.O

Both actually. Seriously who are the browns going to hire (Aside from Jeff fisher) coming off an 0-16 season with a new front office, and every coach under this ownership getting fired within 2 seasons that is going to inspire "Hope" 

22 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

They have talent that needs developing though. How much crediblity will their young talent put into a coach who is 1-31 with the team? How much faith does the current players they will need to inevitably retain have in him? How will this affect the morale and culture within the locker room?

Grass is always greener syndrome is a pitfall.  Legitimately, unless they just start throwing darts and giving shots to guys who flatly might be quite good someday but (likely) aren't ready yet - and the franchise has already botched that methodology before with BB, who out there is going to want that job and actually has the capability (and the connections to establish the necessary staff) to develop that talent?  It's always easier to say "someone else," but let's not pretend like the pool for Cleveland's "someone else" is the same as it is for other recently poor teams that also have talent needing developing like Chicago.

46 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yes Hue Jackson is worse than those other people.  He managed to go 1-31 in two seasons. 

Archived