Coaches

DeSean Jackson

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Looking like we might keep every coach right? 

Maybe?....I think Reich's got a shot with the Titans, I thought it was odd that Flip wasn't on the list. (he could still be)
But I saw they want a "leader of men" type (Vrabel) or a Veteran Offensive coach who can develop a QB (Reich)
Preferably both if they can find it.

the Arizona job is still a question mark.
If they tap a defensive guy, you gotta think Flip is near the top of the list for OC
It's really just a matter of when that we lose him, even if Reich goes and Flip is OC...you gotta think he'll want playcalling duties or a HC position soon.

It seems like Jim is staying, which should be great for next year.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Maybe?....I think Reich's got a shot with the Titans, I thought it was odd that Flip wasn't on the list. (he could still be)
But I saw they want a "leader of men" type (Vrabel) or a Veteran Offensive coach who can develop a QB (Reich)
Preferably both if they can find it.

the Arizona job is still a question mark.
If they tap a defensive guy, you gotta think Flip is near the top of the list for OC
It's really just a matter of when that we lose him, even if Reich goes and Flip is OC...you gotta think he'll want playcalling duties or a HC position soon.

It seems like Jim is staying, which should be great for next year.

i dont think any one will hire reich. Also don't think losing flip matters too much because carson is already really good. 

I wonder if winning a game has ironically put teams off our coaches, as in they won't be able to appoint them or interview them until Monday/Tuesday at the earliest.  With other teams appointing coaches now, they could miss out on their assistant coaches (I realise that the Giants and the Colts are both appointing coaches who are still in the playoffs).

Just now, ninjapirate said:

i dont think any one will hire reich. Also don't think losing flip matters too much because carson is already really good. 

Yea he seemed like he would never get enough spotlight to get hired.
But it makes sense if thats specifically what the Titans are looking for (Vet/QB developer) that he'd be on the list for just being near Carson.
He's pretty devout too, so some of those southern/midwest teams might like that (idk)

But yea, I don't see it as likely though

I think Wentz could use one more year of the QB coach trinity to teach him.
As great as he was, the scary thing is he could be even better if he can cut down on the amount of balls that sail and obviously learn to do what he does..but in a way that keeps him on the field. He can do all that on his own, but it doesn't hurt to keep it going.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yea he seemed like he would never get enough spotlight to get hired.
But it makes sense if thats specifically what the Titans are looking for (Vet/QB developer) that he'd be on the list for just being near Carson.
He's pretty devout too, so some of those southern/midwest teams might like that (idk)

But yea, I don't see it as likely though

I think Wentz could use one more year of the QB coach trinity to teach him.
As great as he was, the scary thing is he could be even better if he can cut down on the amount of balls that sail and obviously learn to do what he does..but in a way that keeps him on the field. He can do all that on his own, but it doesn't hurt to keep it going.

If we lose flip we will hire a new Qb coach. getting a new fresh perspective for year 3 won't be a bad thing. 

Plus i think the only real knock on carson is his completion percentage and I think that is low because he really didnt have that outlet back to check down to once sproles got hurt. give him a guy like sony michel next year and his completion percentage goes up a few points at least. 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If we lose flip we will hire a new Qb coach. getting a new fresh perspective for year 3 won't be a bad thing. 

no that's a good point

I don't think losing Flip is any sort of thing we couldn't quickly get over either yea.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Plus i think the only real knock on carson is his completion percentage and I think that is low because he really didnt have that outlet back to check down to once sproles got hurt. give him a guy like sony michel next year and his completion percentage goes up a few points at least. 

true true, while they adjusted well...it certainly will help

As of right now it looks like the Eagles are ok...

Done deal (or pretty much there):

Oakland - Gruden

Chicago - Nagy

Giants - Shurmur

Indy - McDaniels

Detroit - Patricia

Open ended:

Arizona - Interviews with Panthers DC Steve Wilks and Steelers OL coach Mike Munchack, also Arizona DC James Bettcher was Arian's replacement chouce

Titans - Interviews with Texans DC Mike Vrabel and Rams OC Matt LaFleur, Recih listed as a possible finalist.

Doug Pederson is gonna hurt both Flip and Reich's chances at getting hired somewhere else. And helps our chances we keep them. This is Pederson's offense. He's a former quarterback so he coaches the QBs. He prepares the QBs for games and he calls all of the plays. 

So again, what does that leave Reich and Flip to do? Neither designed the offense. Both are part of a three-man QB coaching committee. Both are part of a three-man QB committee for QB film and preparation. And neither Reich nor Flip calls any of the plays.

The Eagles' success on offense makes them attractive but to what extent? Hiring either guy would be like hiring Doug Pederson. And most franchises would balk at the idea of hiring someone with limited credentials.

Of course you want that continuity but I think Carson has and will steadily asecend at this point. They did their jobs. I'd be ok with losing them. Not happy but I don't think it hinders his development. Schwartz on the other hand, I think we need for a bit. He has the type of personel really suited to run his defense. Maybe a new guy comes in and disrupts that. We're still a year and a stud backfield player away from being a terror but I think we're on the way. 

It is particularly nice that we can draft for luxury outside of maybe the OL right now. 

Archived