With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

10 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

The word on the street seems to be that the team have the QBs ranked as follows:

Cleveland: Darnold, Allen (Will take Darnold 1 overall)

Giants: Darnold, Rosen (Rosen will be the QB if they take one, but it's just as likely they take Chubb or move down)

Jets: Darnold, Allen, Rosen (They traded to 3 because they DON'T like Baker Mayfield. They probably will take Josh Allen unless someone trades to 2 for him)

Bills: Allen (Desperately want to move to 2 for Allen)

Curious where you have this from?

5 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

I feel more and more like we are going to be watching the uncomfortable hour or two with Baker Mayfield sitting in the Draft Room with a camera on him while he drops in to the teens.  The Jet decision to give up so much to assure they get one of the 3, makes a ton of sense.

As long as he gets past us (or taken before we pick) I don't care how far he slides. He can bust for someone else. 

9 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Ben Allbright has been saying it on twitter for a long time. Also thinks that Barkley slides to Tampa at 7.

I’m pretty sure I read that Daniel Jeremiah stated he had not heard of Allen linked to the Jets at all.  That the 2 names most associated with NYJ is Rosen and Mayfield.

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I’m pretty sure I read that Daniel Jeremiah stated he had not heard of Allen linked to the Jets at all.  That the 2 names most associated with NYJ is Rosen and Mayfield.

Rich Cimini who's a Jets beat writer was saying their board is Darnold, Allen, Rosen.

Another red flag regarding Mayfield.

His former teammate and close friend Mark Andrews says Mayfield takes high-profile criticisms very seriously: “It could be the smallest thing in the world, but in his head it’s the world ending.”

Yeah. That's healthy. It's not like the QB of the Denver Broncos ever gets any criticism from the fans or the media. He'll be lesser-known the left wing on the Avs' fourth line. 

Allbright seems relatively clued in, but I still get the impression Denver would be very interested in Barkley if he were there at 5. Maybe not, and maybe he does slide to 7. But having an offensive identity around a star running back would do wonders for Denver, IMO.

Edit: My initial post should have reflected an Allbright tweet that mentioned his guess at 5 included Mayfield/Nelson/Roquan Smith. 

This is the first time I've seen Smith linked to Denver, especially this high. Could see if we fell back some, but that seems high. Mayfield and Nelson seem to be constants at the 5 spot in his mind

7 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Allbright seems relatively clued in, but I still get the impression Denver would be very interested in Barkley if he were there at 5. Maybe not, and maybe he does slide to 7. But having an offensive identity around a star running back would do wonders for Denver, IMO.

Edit: My initial post should have reflected an Allbright tweet that mentioned his guess at 5 included Mayfield/Nelson/Roquan Smith. 

This is the first time I've seen Smith linked to Denver, especially this high. Could see if we fell back some, but that seems high. Mayfield and Nelson seem to be constants at the 5 spot in his mind

I think the Cravens trade makes Smith pretty unlikely. If Smith is brought in then you can probably expect a trade for Brandon Marshall.

10 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I think the Cravens trade makes Smith pretty unlikely. If Smith is brought in then you can probably expect a trade for Brandon Marshall.

Yeah, it would be a bit odd.  Paying 2 ILBs $5 million and then adding another ILB at #5.  Further, I don’t think Smith is a top 5 talent.

6 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yeah, it would be a bit odd.  Paying 2 ILBs $5 million and then adding another ILB at #5.  Further, I don’t think Smith is a top 5 talent.

Foster was a better prospect than Smith and he didn't go until the late first. True, some of his character red flags (which have proven accurate) did cause a bit of his slide but plenty of teams who often look the other way on that kind of stuff passed him up. Moreover, I don't think a 3-4 off-ball LB in worthy of a top-5 pick, especially considering we have Marshall, Davis and now Cravens under contract. If we still want to add an ILB I think we can do that in the middle rounds. 

Archived