With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

5 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Everybody knows my preference would be Nelson, no secret there. It seems though that the three top rated players this year are Barkley, Nelson and Chubb in no particular order. Also, there's quite a separation between them and the 4th best. All three should be game changers at the next level.

Bottom line, as long as we take one of them at 5 or trade down I'll be happy.  A reach for a QB at #5 will not please me at all.

I see minkah fitzpatrick grouped in with them you don't buy it? Also Edmunds is right up there. He's  a super freak.

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

2011 also had a lot more elite non QB talent.

Its debatable.  I mean Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Barkley, Edmunds, Smith, Nelson, the florida st. Safety James. 

It always looks good when you're comparing proven commodity to prospects. 

When Christian ponder got picked I spit up my beer at the tv.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

That's not a good article it compares 2011 to this year . I think all of these qbs are better than 2011.

It's actually a good article, written by a guy with a pretty good resume. You might dislike the comparison, but the article itself is pretty good.

What everyone forgets about 2011 is that free agency hadn't taken place yet so some of the teams picking in the 1st round literally didn't have a QB on their roster so HAD to draft a guy in order to have any kind of viable starter. I don't think any of the first round QBs since then have been a crazy reach other than maybe EJ Manuel in 2013.

33 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

It's actually a good article, written by a guy with a pretty good resume. You might dislike the comparison, but the article itself is pretty good.

I stopped taking bucky seriously when he said paxton was gonna become a franchise qb after a year.

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I stopped taking bucky seriously when he said paxton was gonna become a franchise qb after a year.

You stopped taking an analyst seriously because they were wrong about a prospect? 

As I recall, you yourself were bullish on Paxton. It’s a guessing game. You’ll have more hits betting spreads.

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

You stopped taking an analyst seriously because they were wrong about a prospect? 

As I recall, you yourself were bullish on Paxton. It’s a guessing game. You’ll have more hits betting spreads.

True, you're right on that one I was high on paxton and dak. Bucky, said its bad to go best  qb available but has 6 going round 1. Contractions are the norm for him.

24 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

True, you're right on that one I was high on paxton and dak. Bucky, said its bad to go best  qb available but has 6 going round 1. Contractions are the norm for him.

A mock is a prediction of what will happen, not what should happen. I don’t really see the contradiction there. 

20 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Everybody knows my preference would be Nelson, no secret there. It seems though that the three top rated players this year are Barkley, Nelson and Chubb in no particular order. Also, there's quite a separation between them and the 4th best. All three should be game changers at the next level.

Bottom line, as long as we take one of them at 5 or trade down I'll be happy.  A reach for a QB at #5 will not please me at all.

Nice take here man

Archived