With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

8 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Wonder who's gonna be there Rankins probably wont.

Team typically keep 9 OL: 5 starters, 2 swing Tackles and 2 swing Guard/Centers

I feel that we may be set on the interior:

LG: Leary

C: Paradis

RG: McGovern

Swing G/C 1: Garcia

Swing G/C 2: Dielman

I’m all over Martinas Rankin if he makes it to our 3rd rounder but I think he probably goes in the 2nd. 

5 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

How can anyone suggest that Keenum was average last year?  I keep reading this.  Granted, I am not pounding on the table for him to be the Broncos long-term solution.  But, Keenum had an amazing year last year!  Or, was I watching en entirely different game?  

Also, you know what would help him out...a good running game.  You know who is looking more and more likely to fall to the Broncos at #5?  Barkley...not Charles, but Saquon.  

I have no faith in Keenum long term but yeah, it’s a little disingenuous to say he was average. He had a quality season. It’s fine to be skeptical of 2017 and view it as the outlier it is, but in a vaccuum he played good football. 

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Team typically keep 9 OL: 5 starters, 2 swing Tackles and 2 swing Guard/Centers

I feel that we may be set on the interior:

LG: Leary

C: Paradis

RG: McGovern

Swing G/C 1: Garcia

Swing G/C 2: Dielman

I’m all over Martinas Rankin if he makes it to our 3rd rounder but I think he probably goes in the 2nd. 

But Garcia is a bad player and should be cut to save 1.9 million. Coming off the bench doesn’t make him any less of a liability if he has to play.

To me, being set at iOL or OT means you have one vet player of quality on the bench. This is just a repeat of 2017 with Garcia and McGovern swapping spots.

5 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

How can anyone suggest that Keenum was average last year?  I keep reading this.  Granted, I am not pounding on the table for him to be the Broncos long-term solution.  But, Keenum had an amazing year last year!  Or, was I watching en entirely different game?  

Also, you know what would help him out...a good running game.  You know who is looking more and more likely to fall to the Broncos at #5?  Barkley...not Charles, but Saquon.  

Damn I wanted Charles or Matt at #5

50 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

But Garcia is a bad player and should be cut to save 1.9 million. Coming off the bench doesn’t make him any less of a liability if he has to play.

To me, being set at iOL or OT means you have one vet player of quality on the bench. This is just a repeat of 2017 with Garcia and McGovern swapping spots.

Garcia is fine as a backup. I could understand if they don’t want to be spending $2m on a backup but I think the other guy JJ Dielman is a pure C so they probably keep Garcia since he can play LG. 

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Garcia is fine as a backup. I could understand if they don’t want to be spending $2m on a backup but I think the other guy JJ Dielman is a pure C so they probably keep Garcia since he can play LG. 

I don't even like Garcia as a backup. As the Interior backup, we'd have a significant downgrade in play every time he takes the field.

Home boys. 

I love how all the sudden the NFL Network DJ has no QBs in his top 5.  Sometimes I feel like I am watching American Idol when the totally transparent drama creating “Top 50s” come out. It’s like the chick winning he bachelor revealed after the 3rd Episode. Check out DJs Top 50 2.0

31 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Home boys. 

I love how all the sudden the NFL Network DJ has no QBs in his top 5.  Sometimes I feel like I am watching American Idol when the totally transparent drama creating “Top 50s” come out. It’s like the chick winning he bachelor revealed after the 3rd Episode. Check out DJs Top 50 2.0

I think he's only had one in the top 10 all year.

Howdy from NYC

Lots of noise around here that the Giants have 1, and only 1, QB that they want.  Speculation is that it’s Darnold, and “sources inside the Giants” saying there’s Equal probability they try to trade up to 1 to grab him as trading down. 

I still strongly believe QB’s go 1,2, 3 - and I wouldn’t be surprised to see somebody trade with the Browns and take one at 4.  If they don’t, Browns very likely to take Chubb at 4.  

All of this is to say: if Elway wants to be sure he gets a QB, I believe he’llneed To trade up.  I can’t see him spending the Draft capital to do that, except maybe a “low”cost trade up to 4 to keep somebody else from going there, IF his guy is the 4th QB standing.  But I think that’s unlikely.  

Right now, if I had to bet, I’d say the odds on favorite right now is likely Barkley at 5. But still so many different ways this could go.

3 hours ago, BaldyBronco said:

Home boys. 

To be fair I don’t think many people are saying the QBs are necessarily the most talented players in the draft, just they slot them early in mock drafts because they always get pushed up. 

2 hours ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Howdy from NYC

Lots of noise around here that the Giants have 1, and only 1, QB that they want.  Speculation is that it’s Darnold, and “sources inside the Giants” saying there’s Equal probability they try to trade up to 1 to grab him as trading down. 

I still strongly believe QB’s go 1,2, 3 - and I wouldn’t be surprised to see somebody trade with the Browns and take one at 4.  If they don’t, Browns very likely to take Chubb at 4.  

All of this is to say: if Elway wants to be sure he gets a QB, I believe he’llneed To trade up.  I can’t see him spending the Draft capital to do that, except maybe a “low”cost trade up to 4 to keep somebody else from going there, IF his guy is the 4th QB standing.  But I think that’s unlikely.  

Right now, if I had to bet, I’d say the odds on favorite right now is likely Barkley at 5. But still so many different ways this could go.

Everybody knows my preference would be Nelson, no secret there. It seems though that the three top rated players this year are Barkley, Nelson and Chubb in no particular order. Also, there's quite a separation between them and the 4th best. All three should be game changers at the next level.

Bottom line, as long as we take one of them at 5 or trade down I'll be happy.  A reach for a QB at #5 will not please me at all.

Archived