Jack Del Rio Fired moments after game

BayRaider

I'm not super stoked about Gruden (if we do get him) like all of you have said, 10 years is a long time. And we've tried the Gruden approach once and it ended abruptly. So if we're hiring him so he can "finish what he started" that would be a really bad mindset. However, if Mark Davis really thinks it's the best fit, I'm totally on board. 

One thing is for certain, it would be the best Head Coaching hiring this organization has made since the original Jon Gruden hiring. Which does make me quite excited. 

Also you guys can't be serious with the whole, his 10 year old offense won't work anymore, his scheme is old, etc. Of course he would have a completely different scheme. Maybe some of the same basic concepts but completely reworked for today's game. Definitely not giving the man enough credit. 

I do not understand the Gruden obsession in both college and the NFL. He could have had any number of jobs in the last decade. He chose to be a professional talker instead. And he got fired from his last team and the players hated him because he was a tyrant.

IIRC Del Rio completely checked out in Jacksonville. Showed up late. Left early. Should have never gotten another job. And firing his OC after last year was stupid 

43 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I do not understand the Gruden obsession in both college and the NFL. He could have had any number of jobs in the last decade. He chose to be a professional talker instead. And he got fired from his last team and the players hated him because he was a tyrant.

IIRC Del Rio completely checked out in Jacksonville. Showed up late. Left early. Should have never gotten another job. And firing his OC after last year was stupid 

I don't get the hype with Gruden either but he is coming into a pretty good situation where the team is built for him to win.

21 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Biggest thing who will do monday night football if gruden takes a coaching job ?

Some one mentioned it in another thread but with the success of Romo, PeyPey seems like he would be a gold mine for them. 

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

He's a character coach that won a Super Bowl. Essentially an entertainer. 

4 hours ago, UtahUtesFan said:

Agreed. I heard A LOT of praise on Jack Del Rio last year of how good of a coach he was and blah blah blah.

He has always been a mediocre at best Coach. Only had back to back winning seasons once in his career, and that included a 9-7 season.

Last year, he relied on MVP caliber play from Derek Carr and Khalil Mack to carry the team to 12 wins. Seriously the amount of games Carr pulled out at the end of the game was staggering. It wasn't due to great coaching. The defense, JDRs forte, has been trash for all 3 years Del Rio has been here. He badly mismanaged the coordinator hires/fires. It was time

Archived